Redmine 4.2.2-5 + Subversion Setup

Keywords: Redmine - Google Cloud Platform - How to - Application configuration

Description:
Hi,

Absolute beginner here.

I’m trying to do a fresh install of Redmine v4.2.2-5 on the Google Cloud Platform then set it up such that it would auto create an SVN repository of the project that was created.

Everything was good with the Redmine installation. Then followed the guide to setting up the Subversion repository described in the link:
https://docs.bitnami.com/google/apps/redmine/configuration/use-subversion/

I was trying to find the path for “/usr/lib/perl/lib/5.16.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/” since the paths may change depending on the stack version. Also the path where to copy the Redmine.pm but those paths did not exist. The only path the found is “/opt/bitnami/perl/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.28.1/Apache2”

Then, I tried to continue setting up by modifying the apache2 configuration file (modified the user and pass from the database.yml) and restarted the apache server but the apache won’t start.

Is there an updated guide that is close to the 4.2.2-5 stack version?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @francis69,

I just tried to follow the guide and found several problems during the process. First of all, I found that we are not including the mod_dav_svn.so module so it’s not possible to enable it.

I just created an internal task for the team to work on this and we will update this thread once the solution is updated. However, we can’t provide you with an ETA right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @jota,

First of all, thank you for your reply.

After several searches on this forum, Redmine can now auto-create an svn repo after creating a new project and can access them (checkout, commit) using TortoiseSVN.

Here are items that needs to be implemented and will give an update here on every progress made.

1. Doesn’t support authentication
  2. Nothing shown in the projects Repository tab

Hi @francis69, thanks for the update.

We will look into the issues with the solution. Currently Redmine seems to require mod_perl 1 which is very old, and a new mod_perl 2 has been released, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee that we will be able to continue supporting this integration.

In the meantime, it is great to hear that Redmine supports creation of SVN repos without the need for the Apache/mod_perl integration. That said, we will let you know if we will be able to continue supporting the original integration with mod_perl or not.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.