No, please don't modify the configuration on that directory.
When you install a WordPress following the guide "adding an application on top of the LAMP stack", it's installed so you have the configuration below:
- domain1.com -> Original App (Opencart in your case)
- domain1.com/wordpress -> New WordPress
The reason for this is that WordPress is installed as Subdirectory on Apache instead of a virtual host.
What would I do?
- Install WP following that guide (https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/infrastructure/lamp/#add_applications_amp). That will install WordPress, configure the database, etc.
- Edit the Apache configuration so you move from a "Prefix" configuration to a "virtual host configuration". Please find out this guide for configuring that and do not hesitate to ask us any doubt about the process.
- Restart Apache so you have:
- Opencart at domain1.com
- WordPress at domain2.com
Was my answer helpful? Click on