Yes sir. Installation of ocaml and texvc was among the first things that I tried. I installed and compiled texvc myself and modified $wgtexvc accordingly. It didn't work.
In the interim, I found a work-around. Instead of Math extension, I used SimpleMathJax (MathJax was deprecated a while back). It is definitely not the best Math rendering engine around, but at least for now it works. One downside I found is sometimes SimpleMathJax renders an equation twice.
Meanwhile, I will keep working on the Math extension. I'm sort of a LaTex person.
No matter what, I think Bitnami Mediawiki is an amazing product. It saved a lot of my time. Keep up the good work, guys.