Problems installing certificate in Prestashop version 1.7.7.5

Keywords: PrestaShop - AWS - Technical issue - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
Description:
Hello, I bought an SSL certificate and I want to include it in my prestashop platform (v 1.7.7.5), I have already worked with it before and I always do it on the route /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/bitnami.conf, however I see that they updated some files and now there is also the bitnami-ssl.conf file. I configure the path of my certificates in the aforementioned files as follows:

SSLCertificateFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/dominio.com.crt" 
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/dominio.com.key"

I restart the services but the platform continues to identify the default certificate (example.com) Where should I configure it now? Since I mentioned it before, nothing has worked for me.

Hi @daniel.ascencio96

Thanks for using Bitnami PrestaShop!

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

I understand, I share the support code provided

a453481b-a8eb-817b-b674-b90b44d7aa9d

Hi @daniel.ascencio96

I have checked your SSL configuration and it seems to be correct. Moreover, when I try accessing your site I can see that the certificate is valid and expires within a year!

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 10.51.12

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cache or using any other browser?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Correct however it is not taking the path specified in the bitnami-ssl.conf file as I show below:

SSLCertificateFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/dominio.com.crt" 
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/dominio.com.key"

My question is if for this version of prestashop and file update in bitnami / ubuntu they have changed the path of the file where I must configure all of the above, I have to name my certificates server.crt and key.srt inside the certs folder, if not being like this does not take them as valid.

Correct however it is not taking the path specified in the bitnami-ssl.conf file as I show below:
SSLCertificateFile “/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/dominio.com.crt”
SSLCertificateKeyFile “/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/dominio.com.key”

I’m supposing that by dominio.com.crt you actually want to make reference to your real domain name, /opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/XXXXXXXXXXXXers.com.crt. As far as I can see in your configuration, Apache is correctly instructed to use those certificates, as this is what bitnami-ssl.conf states:

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
  DocumentRoot "/opt/bitnami/apache/htdocs"
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
  RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://www.XXXXXXXXXXers.com/$1 [R,L]
  SSLEngine on
  SSLCertificateFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/XXXXXXXXXXers.com.crt"
  SSLCertificateKeyFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/XXXXXXXXXXers.com.key"
  SSLCertificateChainFile "/opt/bitnami/apache/conf/bitnami/certs/XXXXXXXXXXers.com.ca-bundle"

You don’t need to name your files following a specific format, all you need to do is to update bitnami-ssl.conf file to point to the correct path where the certificates are.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

I did exactly that, I changed the file names but when restarting the apache services it didn’t work because it couldn’t find the certificates.
Run the journalctl -xe command
And I understood that I had to configure the path of my certificates in the file: prestashop-https-vhost.conf.

If we install a Prestashop instance in AWS, the new path where we must specify our SSL certificate is in
/ opt / bitnami / apache / conf / vhosts
They should update the documentation.

Glad to see you were able to solve your issue :slightly_smiling_face: !

And I understood that I had to configure the path of my certificates in the file: prestashop-https-vhost.conf.

You are right, as you are using a custom name for your certificates (other than server.crt, which is totally possible as I mentioned), you should also update any other reference in your conf files to it. The guide mentions it, but I missed instructing you to do so. My bad!

As your instance is now working I will proceed to close this thread now. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Feel free to create a new topic referencing this one if necessary.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

1 Like