Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly, there was an error downloading the file

Keywords: Drupal - Windows - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: Tool cannot find directory
Description:
Having installed XAMPP and set a ‘user’ password I went on to use your Bitnami installer for Windows and Drupal. All seemed to go well until right at the end when I got the message 'Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. There was an error downloading the file.
Previously before the install attempt I could start and stop both Apache and MySQL, immediately afterwards I couldn’t start either successfully and had to re-boot the PC. Now - as before - both Apache and MySQL start but I cannot get Drupal to work. I repeated the install again and this has now happened twice. I am at a loss as to where to go to solve the problem. Please can you help?

Hi @dneilsmith,

Thanks for using Bitnami. Can you give us more information? I understand you have installed XAMPP successfully, and then you are trying to install Drupal on top of it. Is that correct? Can you tell us which version of XAMPP you installed? Did you install the Drupal stack or the Drupal module?

We also have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Gongomgra, good afternoon and thank you for responding to my query. A quick bit of background, although I have been in IT all my life as a Windows Application developer (and general support!) I am not a web developer but am part of a group getting a ‘Men’s Hub’ charity together in the UK and – because I have created a few Drupal sites before for clubs etc – I am tasked with starting a Drupal based website for this charity. As such I wanted a working Drupal installation on my Windows 10 PC at home so I could start showing its use to other steering group members.

My PC is a Windows 10 Pro Build 10.0.19041 with 16Gb RAM, Intel i7 with 8 cores and plenty of disc space on a D drive.

Following what appeared to be a good YouTube video I installed XAMPP v3.3.0 (well that’s the control panel version) and then it prompted me to use the Bitnami installation modules. I chose the Drupal one – obviously – and as mentioned before everything seemed to go well until right at the end. I followed some Google answers to my problems and have tried to run the support tool but the first thing it asks for is the Bitnami (stack?) location. I have tried to find a suitable Bitnami/Drupalxxx folder and cannot, certainly there is not one located on my OS drive ©. I ran the installer – “bitnami-drupal-9.1.9-0-module-windows-x64-installer.exe” – from the downloads folder but for the life of me I cannot find the folder for Bitnami itself.

To be honest I’m not sure what the difference is between the Drupal stack or the Drupal module – sorry for my lack of knowledge here – so cannot answer that question, hopefully my use of that installer detailed above will help.

I look forward to hearing from you, many thanks in anticipation of any help offered. If you can point me in the direction of exactly what to look for re this ‘Bitnami folder’ I can do so and then run the support tool.

With kind regards

David
p.s. I kept replying to the email but my responses never got through to your system for some reason.

Hi @dneilsmith,

Thanks for the information. The bnsupport tool doesn’t work with XAMPP. Can you tell us which PHP version has your XAMPP installation? According to your message, you are trying to install the Drupal module on top of XAMPP (which is correct). Did the installation process succeed? Can you check the installation logs in case you see any error?

https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/faq/windows-faq/get-started/find-installation-logs-windows/

To be honest I’m not sure what the difference is between the Drupal stack or the Drupal module – sorry for my lack of knowledge here – so cannot answer that question, hopefully my use of that installer detailed above will help.

The stack installs Drupal and all the necessary components to run it (PHP, Apache, MySQL…) isolated from the other processes on your computer, while the module only installs the application on top of another existing Bitnami or XAMPP installation (which provides the other components).

Hi @dneilsmith,

In addition to my previous reply, please notice XAMPP is not production ready. You can get more information about this in the next link under the “is XAMPP production ready?” question

https://www.apachefriends.org/faq_windows.html

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.