Please fix your systems so that I can actually create a support request

Type: Suggestion

Description:
I am trying to resolve an odd behaviour in htaccess. I can’t raise a support ticket for that without running the diagnostic tool and uploading the output. I did that, but you then say the code is invalid and that I should raise a new topic for Bitnami Diagnostic Tool. But there is no such option when raising a new topic. How can I get help?

Hi @jackie.gribbon,

Can you give more details regarding the issue with htaccess?

Regards,
Michiel

I installed Bitnami WAMP for the main initial purpose of debugging the .htaccess of my live website. But in the process of setting up for testing I then had problems with mySQL and then with .htaccess on WAMP. I started a topic for the mySQL issue, to which you replied today. When I tried to start a topic for the .htaccess issue I found that I needed to run the Bitnami Diagnostic Tool. I did this, but the code generated was rejected as invalid, twice. I then trie to start a new topic for the Bitnami Diagnostic Tool as advised, but found there was no such option. So, as I have explained on the other topic, I have given up on Bitnami WAMP as a bad idea, had sucecssfully installed the much better WAMPserver, set up as required and have now fixed my .htaccess problem with the help of WAMPserver.

Hi @jackie.gribbon,

Let’s try to solve the issue with htaccess. Did you know that htaccess with Bitnami is configured in a single file?

https://docs.bitnami.com/ibm/infrastructure/lamp/administration/use-htaccess/

Regards,
Michiel

Hi Michiel,
I don’t want to sound rude, but frankly you are wasting your time and mine. If it wasn’t clear from my previous responses, I HAVE now fixed my htaccess problem through the use of the much better Wampserver product.
I was aware of the htaccess configuration in Bitnami and that in itself is an issue. Why would I want to spend time and effort on configuring something that could never reflect my live website configuration and therefore would never help me in debugging my real life htaccess issue?
I have no interest in using Bitnami and have uninstalled it. Others may love it, but from my point of view Bitnami is a poor product with poor documentation and poor support.