Php-fpm slowlog does not exist and CPU overload

Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - AWS - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 09f602ab-1faf-1ad1-31ba-7fdf202ec8f2
Description:
Hi,

I have big issues with php-fpm. I use Prestashop and some requests take up to 10 sec, and php-fpm can take up to 99% of my vCPU (LightSail - 2 GB RAM, 1 vCPU, 60 GB SSD)

It’s not the db; I have a dedicated instance for it and the logs show me all is ok.

So I tried to debug php via php-fpm slowlog but the logs never appear. I updated php-fpm.d/www.conf.default with:

slowlog = /var/log/php-fpm/slowlog-site.log
request_slowlog_timeout = 1s

But logfile is never created.

Next I tried to disable php-fpm following your guide, but then Apache sent me PHP files as plain text.

Could you please tell me how can I get the slowlog file please ? Or how to disable php-fpm properly ?

Thanks

Edit: Finally it was my PHP version which was not compatible with Prestashop. I used PHP 7.4 and Prestashop 1.7.7.2 is compatible with PHP 7.3 (Yes because in PHP world a minor change breaks things…).

It resulted in a lot of warnings that slowed down my app I guess… Anyway once I downgraded to PHP 7.3 (thanks to @fdepaz ) I didn’t have anymore issues.

That brings me to two question:

1. Do you attend to offer to LightSail users the possibility to choose between different PHP versions ? Because the only one is the 7.4
  2. Your latest version of Prestashop stack is wrong since it uses PHP 7.4 instead of 7.3 (source: changelog). Do you plan to modify it soon ?

Thank you

Hi @c.codin,

We do not control the versions that are published in the Lightsail platform. The Lightsail team is in charge of getting our solutions and publish them in that platform. If you need PHP 7.3 there, you can launch a new instance and follow the process @fdepaz shared with you in that other ticket.

You are right! We are including PHP 7.4 when the application doesn’t support it.

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

I’m going to create an internal task to downgrade the PHP version in the solution and release it as soon as possible. Will ping you when the new version is available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi again @c.codin,

I just finished investigating the issue you reported and only the Bitnami installers are affected by that problem. The changelog you posted in your previous message refers to the Bitnami installers and we are now working on releasing a new revision with PHP 7.3

https://bitnami.com/stack/prestashop/changelog.txt

Regarding the Bitnami Prestashop containers, charts and cloud images, I confirmed they are all using PHP 7.3 so the should work properly.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the issue with the Bitnami installers

Hi @jota

Awesome, thank you !

You and your team are doing an amazing work :+1:

Thank you for your kind words @c.codin :slight_smile:

As you can see in the changelog file, we released today a new revision of the Bitnami Prestashop installers that include PHP 7.3.x. Instead of installing LAMP 7.3 and deploy Prestashop on top of it, you can now get those installers and install them in any running instance you have.

Enjoy! :tada:

1 Like