PHP-FPM pool per application creation

Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - AWS - How to - Other
Description:
Hello,
I’m looking for a good waklthrough for creating dedicated pools for PHP-FPM on a Bitnami stack. Or at least what are the main differences between Bitnami and a more traditional LAMP stack. I’m new with it and the file organization, processes, etc. are so different that i’m used that at the end, just listing question is just nonsense (vs a good walkthrough :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help

Hello @alxsbn,

You can check our Get Started With LAMP guide for a quick introduction to our LAMP file system. Please also check Configure PHP-FPM Options and Configure PHP-FPM Processes guides for a comprehensive overview of php-fpm creation an configuration.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hi @fdepaz and thanks :slight_smile:

To be more precise, i’m looking to the Bitnami way without over-tweaking the stuffs myself (and reducing the interest of bitnami stack … let’s be honest).

So now I’m OK for using the /opt/bitnami/apps folder etc.
But what is the recommanded way to php-fpm multiple resource pools ?

Looking at /opt/bitnami/httpd.conf we have a <IfModule !php7_module pointing to /conf/php-fpm-apache.conf
On this last file we have a IfDefine USE_PHP_FPM with a fixed socket (www.sock) which is generic.

Hello @alxsbn,

I would say that having a configuration specific to the needs of each of your applications running on the stack is the best practice, but unfortunately, we do not have a more detailed guide in place, as the use of the stack can vary greatly from user to user. That is also because we may have some general configuration present. If you want more configuration options than explained in the previous guides, I suggest you to start with the official documentation of php-fpm.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

@fdepaz yes flexibilty rules ! seems understable.
At the end i just ended with defining php-fpm configuration pool directly into apps/myapp/conf folder which ovewrite the previous one.
Regards,
Alexis