OroCRM Intel Mac Big Sur cannot start up

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
I just downloaded and tried to run the Installer for OroCRM on iMac 2020 19,2 running Big Sur.

Most of the Tab pages are greyed out. Only the Start button is activated. Clicking on it makes the Red circle to become Orange, but then no services will be started.

No CPU time is consumed. PHP-FPM, MySQL, Apache, nothing is turned on.

Hi @Charles_LC_So,

Is this the first time you are installing the Bitnami OroCRM OS X VM solution in your computer? If it’s not the case, you will need to remove the previous data from the ~/.bitnami folder and retry the deployment.

https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/faq/osx-vm-faq/administration/uninstall-osx-vm/

Can you try to obtain more info from the services and the logs?

• Get the OS X VM logs from your iMac
echo "Obtaining list of log files in the /tmp folder"
echo
ls -lart /tmp/stackman*.log
echo
echo "Obtaning info of the lastest log file"
echo
cat $(ls -arlt /tmp/stackman*.log | tail -n 1 | awk '{print $9}')
  • Access the console of the OS X VM and try to start the services.
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start

Hi Jota,

Thanks for the info. I finally have some idea about what is happening.

Yes, you are right. Need to remove ~/.bitnami first. Before I do this, the info you need is:

sh-3.2# ls -lart /tmp/stackman*.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 administrator wheel 85 Jul 21 21:52 /tmp/stackman-1626875539.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 administrator wheel 814 Jul 21 21:52 /tmp/stackman-1626875555.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 root wheel 781 Jul 21 21:57 /tmp/stackman-1626875837.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 administrator wheel 104 Jul 21 22:18 /tmp/stackman-1626877134.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 administrator wheel 104 Jul 21 22:20 /tmp/stackman-1626877210.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 administrator wheel 104 Jul 21 22:21 /tmp/stackman-1626877272.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 administrator wheel 104 Jul 21 22:21 /tmp/stackman-1626877298.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 administrator wheel 104 Jul 21 22:31 /tmp/stackman-1626877892.log
sh-3.2# echo

sh-3.2# echo “Obtaning info of the lastest log file”
Obtaning info of the lastest log file
sh-3.2# echo

sh-3.2# cat $(ls -arlt /tmp/stackman*.log | tail -n 1 | awk ‘{print $9}’)
time=“2021-07-21T22:31:32+08:00” level=info msg=“Using “/Applications/Orocrm.app/Contents/Resources””

Then I removed .bitnami, restarted the Installer, then it can be started, and the Tab pages are not greyed out.

Then in Services Tab I selected Start All. Here is the output in Log:

INFO: Starting “orocrm” stack
INFO: “orocrm” stack successfully started
INFO: Restarting “php-fpm”
INFO: Restarting “orocrm-message-consumer”
INFO: Restarting “apache”
INFO: Restarting “orocrm-websocket”
INFO: Restarting “mysql”
ERROR: Failed to restart “apache”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to restart “php-fpm”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to restart “orocrm-message-consumer”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to restart “mysql”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to restart “orocrm-websocket”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

INFO: Starting “apache”
INFO: Starting “php-fpm”
INFO: Starting “orocrm-websocket”
INFO: Starting “orocrm-message-consumer”
INFO: Starting “mysql”
ERROR: Failed to start “php-fpm”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to start “orocrm-websocket”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to start “orocrm-message-consumer”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to start “mysql”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to start “apache”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

INFO: Starting “php-fpm”
INFO: Starting “mysql”
INFO: Starting “orocrm-message-consumer”
INFO: Starting “orocrm-websocket”
INFO: Starting “apache”
ERROR: Failed to start “apache”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to start “php-fpm”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to start “orocrm-websocket”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to start “orocrm-message-consumer”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

ERROR: Failed to start “mysql”: cannot start service: Control file ‘/etc/gonit/gonitrc’ does not exists

As you can see I Start All 3 times.

After 5 mins everything started!

I can now get the OroCRM login page!

Great! Now I need to figure out the username and password…:slight_smile:

Hi @Charles_LC_So,

It takes some time to be fully deployed but we will review those errors as they shouldn’t appear during the deployment process.

That’s simple! Just access the command line of the OS X VM and run this command

sudo cat /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials

You can find more information here: https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/orocrm/get-started/first-steps/#what-is-the-administrator-username-set-for-me-to-log-in-to-the-application-for-the-first-time

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart: