Odoo V14 Windows 10 Installation Error

Keywords: Odoo - Windows - Technical issue - Other
Description:
When I install Odoo 14, I always get this error:

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.  Error writing file C:/Bitnami/odoo-14.0.20210130-0/python/Lib/site-packages/bitnami_odoo.pth

And then it doesn’t open properly… when I launch Odoo it goes to : http://127.0.0.1/odoo/ and I get the error 404 Not Found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @innovo3d

Thanks for using Bitnami Odoo!

Usually when installing one of our assets, an installation log is generated. This file logs important information about the operations performed and their status, and helps us identify problems.

Could you please share the contents of such files? We have a guide covering their location :slightly_smiling_face:
https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/faq/windows-faq/get-started/find-installation-logs-windows/

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Under Server Events it says:
Starting Postgres...
Exit code: 1
Stdout:

Stderr:
Unknown error starting postgres
Starting Postgres...
Stdout:

Stderr:
Stopping all servers...
Stopping Apache Web Server...
apache stopped
Restarting all servers...
Starting Postgres...
Stdout:

Stderr:
Starting Apache Web Server...
apache started
Stopping Apache Web Server...
apache stopped
Stopping all servers...
Restarting all servers...
Starting Postgres...
Stdout:

Stderr:
Starting Apache Web Server...
apache started

Interestingly, there was no log for the V14 installation, only for the V13 installation that I made. I will delete the logs, uninstall and try again.

After removing everything and reinstalling I still get this error:

And then again:

And this is the same result:

After this reinstallation, there was no log file named bitrock_installer_.log* to be found in the temp folder

Hi @innovo3d

Thanks for the screenshots and the information regarding the logfile. I have tried to install the latest version of Bitnami Odoo Stack on a Windows Server 2019 machine and could not face any issue. What version of Windows are you running?

Regarding the logfiles in the %TEMP% folder, I have checked and they can be named after installbuilder_installer as well. Could you check if you have those and share their content?

In the TEMP folder, inside a folder

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Hola ,me sale el mismo error. ¿Se ha encontrado alguna solución ?

Hi, I experienced the same error. Have you found any solution for it?

Hi @antoniomaiquezmarin

Gracias por contactar con nosotros.

El equipo de soporte de Bitnami no tiene ningún problema para atender los casos en español e inglés en este foro pero debido a la pluralidad de personas que acceden a él vamos a responder a este caso en inglés, para que así el siguiente usuario que tenga el mismo problema pueda entender la solución.

En caso que tenga cualquier problema con el idioma, no dude en comentarlo.

No, I haven’t been able to reproduce this problem locally. Could you please follow the steps in my last post and share the contents of the logfiles?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Gracias por su respuesta Jose. Seguimos en ingles.

To answer your question about which version of Windows, I am using Windows 10. I think I may have found the issue; I had some old registry entries for a previous Odoo installation (V9 I believe). I had deleted them and reinstalled and it seemed to work. However, after uninstalling V14 and reinstalling (I forgot to write down the DB Master Password and the conf file was not the correct password) I came back to the same error. It seems like the uninstall script needs to be updated to remove all registry entries for Odoo and also completely remove PostreSQL as it currently does not remove it.

Hi @innovo3d,

Thanks for your understanding. Did the uninstaller binary ask to restart the server once it finished? Which registry entries did you find to be causing the errors?

Regards,
Gonzalo