Odoo_backgroud_worker stop daily

Keywords: Odoo - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 92c502d3-67af-47dd-13f3-cf6e989efc2f
Description:
I got the following error daily

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When check status I found odoo_background_worker status not running.

Hi @ahmed_sol,

The Apache error log has a lot of these errors:

[Sat May 08 07:05:23.037181 2021] [proxy:error] [pid 30171] (111)Connection refused: AH00957: HTTP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:8069 (localhost) failed

In the bitnami.conf file you have added the following configuration:

# Status
ExtendedStatus on
<VirtualHost _default_:80>
ServerName local-stackdriver-agent.stackdriver.com
<Location /server-status>
  SetHandler server-status
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

A proxyPass is configured for the Odoo server on localhost:

ProxyPass / http://localhost:8069/

Can you try adding a rule for allowing localhost as well as 127.0.0.1?

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
ServerName local-stackdriver-agent.stackdriver.com
<Location /server-status>
  SetHandler server-status
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from 127.0.0.1
 Allow from localhost 
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

Regards,
Michiel

Dear Michiel,

Thank you for your kindly reply and support,
I added a rule for allowing localhost as you suggest but the problem still happen daily.

regards
Ahmed Soliman

Hi @ahmed_sol,

I recommend upgrading the instance and check if the issue still happens:

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/faq/administration/change-server-type/

Regards,
Michiel

Hi Michiel,
I already did that two weeks ago, I upgrade the instance increase CPU, RAM, Storage by 2 times, and did not resolve the issue and odoo worker still stopped daily.

Regards
Ahmed Soliman

Hi @ahmed_sol,

Can you check the access log? There seem to be a lot of requests from the same IP. This command shows the 10 most active IP addresses in the last 100.000 requests:

tail -n 100000 /opt/bitnami/apache2/logs/access_log | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr | head -n 10 | awk '{print $1}'

This could indicate a bot attack. The following guide shows how you can deny access for suspicious IP addresses:

https://docs.bitnami.com/bch/apps/odoo/troubleshooting/deny-connections-bots-apache/

Regards,
Michiel

Dear Michiel,
I checked the access log as you recommended, there is no unnormal requests most of highly requests came from our own IPs. stop problem still happen daily!.

Regards
Ahmed Soliman

Hi @ahmed_sol,

Can you check the last production.log. You can find it here:

/opt/bitnami/apps/odoo/log/production.log-20210502.gz

You need to extract it first:

gunzip /opt/bitnami/apps/odoo/log/production.log-20210502.gz

Regards,
Michiel

Hi Michiel,

Finally, I found the problem, thanks for your recommend to check production.log, where I found a lot of emial service errors due to change the email service provider, by reconfiguring this service the problem solved. I’m really appreciate your support and patients. Thank you and my best wishes for you and your family.

Regards
Ahmed Soliman

Hi @ahmed_sol,

I’m glad to hear the issue has been solved. Thank you for sharing it. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.