Odoo Admin password

Hello,
I downloaded Odoo 12 VMWARE image from Bitami and install it fine. after one day I can not login with administrator account !!
I can login with any user account fine.
Also I can create a backup from database using Database manager.

I would like to know how to reset admin account login password.

Also, I removed default Bitnami_Odoo database from database manager, but after restart it show again beside my running database. how can I remove this link completely.

Thanks
:slight_smile:

Hi @george.tawfik,

Thanks for using Bitnami. Some questions before providing you with any action to perform:

Did you modify the database before running into the password issue? Iโ€™d like to know if you imported the database from another machine or start to use a different database before getting the credentials error.

Apart from that, did you make any change in the application that can be causing the problem? We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please download and execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code outputted by the tool in your reply.

Can you elaborate this? Why do you want to remove the default database? Do you have a different database that you want to use with the application?

Hi Jota

I have the same problem. Iโ€™m just install automatically the Odoo bitname dmg on my macos, no question about adminsitrator, password and Master Password? What is the default name of the administrator and is password to be logged at the IP/web adress and the default password of the master password to create a new database ?

Thank you
best regards

Hi @jacques74,

If you used the DMG file in your MAC OS X, itโ€™s preconfigured with a default user and password

You can obtain the default username and password by following the information of this section in our documentation

https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/odoo/get-started/first-steps/#what-is-the-administrator-username-set-for-me-to-log-in-to-the-application-for-the-first-time

Basically, you can obtain this information by using the Bitnami button in the bottom right corner of the site.

Regarding the master password, you will need to access the machine and then open the /opt/bitnami/apps/odoo/conf/odoo-server.conf file

https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/odoo/get-started/find-master-password/

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.