NOT FOUND SERVER AFTER UPGRADING from Moodle 3.1.0.3 to MOODLE 3.4 version

Hello,
I have broked my application, so I need your urgent help.
I was needed to upgrade moodle version to 3.4 to be about to install a plugin which need before downloading it, but after downloading the moodle version from this following discusion :

The steps I followed to do the update are the following:

sudo mv /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/ /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs.backup

wget https://download.moodle.org/download.php/direct/stable34/moodle-3.4.0.tgz

sudo mkdir /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/

sudo tar -xzvf moodle-3.4.0.tgz -C /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/ --strip 1

sudo cp -a /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs.backup/config.php /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/ sudo cp -a /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs.backup/theme/MY_THEME /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/theme/ sudo cp -a /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs.backup/mod/MY_MOD /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/htdocs/mod/

I use also wincsp to transfert moodledata repository from the backup to the new moodle version repository.

They gave me no errors, but when I start the server I got the PHP error because the config.conf file was using PH5 and the installed one was php7, so I updated manualy in the config.conf file.

After that , I have be about to start correctly the apache2 server

I have also updated the whole Stack in order to use the new version of Moodle.
But now the problem is I isn’t possible to connect the my application server.
I got this following error :
This site is inaccessible essitech-international.com does not allow connection.
Here are a few tips :

Check the connection
Check proxy and firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Could you please help me to fix this issue?

Here is my bitnami support tool ID :slight_smile: 8dfa0a5a-e88c-c115-8e14-c3ca93ab016c

Best Regards,
Kaba

To complete my ticket:
I have previouly 3 backup but any of them is not working because of the moodle version upgrade.
I have also AWS server image(snapshot) , but I did now how restore it for the correct backup.
I used also this documentation to upgrade moodle version: https://docs.bitnami.com/oci/apps/moodle/administration/upgrade/

Thanks,
Kaba

Hi @soumaorokaba,

I don’t know if the version of the application you installed is fully supported using PHP 5.x, that’s something you will need to check with the Moodle’s support team.

As I mentioned, this error might be related with the PHP version you have. I suggest you take a look at the Apache’s log to try to find more information about the you mentioned.

https://docs.bitnami.com/bch/apps/moodle/troubleshooting/debug-errors-apache/

I hope this information helps.

Hello @jota,
Thanks for your help.
I have juste decided to restore the server backup .
The reel solution that I used , is to create a news application with a latest version of moodle to avoid all that limitation.
So now I have a new moodle application with support all the lastest version of plugins.

Best regards.
kaba

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.