Not able to pass the "Access wordpress" page

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Ive been creating my wordpress website, without any technical problems until i tried logging in only to find i cannot go past the “Access WordPress” page. I disable my plugins (-x) but still cant access my locally hosted website. I do not understand the backside of all these websites and platforms. so assist me like a kindergarten coz i only follow youtube tuts to create website…

Hello @michellemwina,

Thank you for creating this ticket in the forum, however, this is not a “Bitnami Support Tool” question, this is a technical issue with the services inside the Bitnami WordPress solution. Please create a new ticket in the forum using the “Technical issue” option when clicking on “+ New Topic”.

If you get any errors adding the bnsupport ticket ID when creating a “Technical issue” topic, please upgrade our bnsupport-tool. To do so, please download the latest version and run again the tool for it to generate a new ID.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

I wish i never used bitnami, i have to create a fresh wordpress website. Bitnami is so complicated especially when there begins technical issues. You cant solve it unless you are an expert. Wordpress front end is just a life saver for all guys without coding skills…but using Bitnami for the same is just a nightmare. They complicate a support process. Cant bitnami make life easier for all here?

you cant even tell how they make money, or do they deactivate you to frustrate you to call them inorder to ask you to make some charges? such a bad platform

Hello @michellemwina,

Keep in mind the support offered in this community is free of charge and the use of any of the solutions available to the public are also without cost, with only having to pay for the infrastructure expenses to your cloud provider of choice (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and not us. Also, please note we do not have any access or control whatsoever to your deployed instances nor the cloud providers servers.

We are sorry you are experiencing problems with our solution. We do offer our stacks configured to work out-of-the-box with all the extra components the application may need, which pursue making their use easier for users without time or with no coding knowledge.

Nevertheless, there are numerous cases by which WP can give problems such as obsolete plugins, extra configuration required, etc. In these cases, we have learnt that the fastest and easiest way for both users and support agents to solve an issue is to work with a snapshot of the stack’s configuration. That is why we ask users to run our support tool before looking deeper into the issue.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz