No Email Notification received after Signing up in Community Forum

Keywords: Liferay - AWS - How to - Other

Description:
Hi,

My colleague signed up to the Community Forum yesterday, but has not received any email notification for email verification.

I wonder if someone can direct me to the contact email address to ask for resending the notification.

Cheers,
Neil

Hi @neil,

Do you mean this community forum? I do not see any error in the logs. Could you please reply to the private message I just sent you to get the email address of your colleague?

Thanks

I mean, did you receive it?

Hi @neil,

I can see that email exists in the bitnami.com database but there is not any record in this community forum. Did he try to create a new account here? The account will be linked to the account in bitnami.com.

I checked that new accounts were created in this forum without problems recently. Can he try to access the forum?

Yes he signed up to bitnami community forum to create a new account. BUT he never received a n email notification to verify his email, therefore he cannot sign in.

He also tried to re-signing up, but he can’t because the id is taken.

To be able to sign in, is it possible to resend the email verification to him?

Otherwise, can you please delete that account from the community forum in order for him to re-sign up?

Cheers
Neil

Hi @neil,

We are going to investigate what happened with that email and will update this ticket once we have more information.

Thanks

Hi @neil,

The team has investigated the issue and found that our SMTP provider didn’t send the email because it’s not valid. We can also see that the email address was changed in the bitnami.com site. Did you try that new email address in any other system? Can you confirm it works?

Hi @jota, He just tried it again to login. It returns “your email has not been activated”.
Then he clicked “Resend Notification”. After 1 hour, he still hasn’t received any email notification.

Is it possible for you to delete that account, so he can Re-Sign Up from the beginning again?

Hi @jota, I tried again to “Resend Notification”, still don’t receive any email notification.
I need your advice to proceed. thx.

cheers,
neil

Hi @neil,

Could you please confirm the email is valid? Our mail system returns errors when sending that email because the email address is rejected.

Yes, it works. I can send and receive email.

btw. That email address is an alias. Would that be a problem?

Hi @neil,

It seems Sendgrid, our SMTP service provider, doesn’t accept this email address (probably related to the alias thing) and returned this error

Received by SendGrid
 Processed
2022/01/13 5:21am UTC+00:00
 Deferred (Attempt #2)
2022/01/13 5:22am UTC+00:00
Datafied.comReceived by us-smtp-inbound-1.mimecast.com
 Bounced
2022/01/13 5:23am UTC+00:00
The datafied.com server informed us that this message bounced. To protect your deliverability, we won't send to this address anymore.
If you want to send to this address, you may remove it from the Bounces suppression group. Learn more.
Full response from the datafied.com server:
550 Invalid Recipient

Could your colleague use a different email address (not an alias) to log in to bitnami.com and this community forum?

Hi @jota,

Based on the message you sent

2022/01/13 5:23am UTC+00:00
The datafied.com server informed us that this message bounced. To protect your deliverability, we won’t send to this address anymore.
If you want to send to this address, you may remove it from the Bounces suppression group. Learn more.

Can you remove his email bitnami.ps@datafied.com from the Bounces suppression group?

I think this can resolve this issue. Thx.

Cheers,
Neil

If the email was bounced once, it’ll will probably be again. If nothing changed, the result should be the same.

Initially, the email cannot send and received email. He then registered to Bitnami Community and he never received any email notification.
I think that’s why his email was put into the Bounce suspension group.

We fixed the issue with the email, I can confirm he can send and receive email now.

When he login and click on the Resend Notification, it doesn’t work because his email is in the Bounce Suspension group.

So, if you can remove his email address from the Bounce Suspension group, he will be able to receive the email notification for validation.

Please let me know if you have removed it. Thx.

Cheers.
Neil

Hi @neil,

We can see an email has just been sent to the email address. Can you confirm you received it and can log in to bitnami.com and this community forum?

Thanks

Hi @jota, it works now. Thanks for your help and support.

Cheers,
neil

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.