No documentation on "Upgrade" app plugin buttons

Keywords: Odoo - AWS - How to - Plugins installation/configuration

Description:
I am getting started with odoo, and there are 2 types of apps it seems: 1) those I can press the “install” button and the app will immediatly install no problem, and 2) those that have the “Upgrade” button, which redirects me outside of the EC2 server, and to odoo’s webpage. I am trying to set up a free trial with these applications, and I don’t want to miss out on that. Also, since there is no documentation for this path, I have no idea if following this path will result in me being able to install the app onto my EC2 application. Will this work if I just follow the path I get redirected to, and is there any plan to update the documentation?

Hello @michael.ostrow,

Thank you for using our solution. Please note that Bitnami packages and configures already existing applications. However, we can only offer support and help on basic and most frequent application configurations. Always based on the default configuration or on our guides.

This is our documentation to install odoo plugins:
https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/apps/odoo/configuration/install-plugins/

If you face issues with any specific plugin, please contact Odoo or plugin developers.

Do not hesitate to write us back if you have any other questions regarding the Bitnami solutions or their configuration.

Yes I have viewed this document, in fact it is the one I was wondering would be updated, because it only shows applications with the “install” button, but there are many apps on the admin dashboard that have a different button “upgrade” like MFT 2 application. I am asking here because it is a choice made on this bitnami software. I have tried to attatch the image that shows the MFT 2 application.

Hello @michael.ostrow,

Those plugins with the Upgrade button need payment, and we cannot offer them. You should contact Odoo for a free trial on an Odoo instance, or for guidance to install them.

Regards