NFO: Starting "WordPress" stack ERROR: Error starting "WordPress" stack: cannot calculate MAC address: signal: killed

Keywords: WordPress - OS X - Technical issue - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
Description:
My issue is similar, if not the same as this: Access to bitnami stack after IOX update

I too have seen the pop up which says “The current version is… but you have … installed”.

It’s just that I can’t seem to find the solution based on the recommendations provided by Bitnami developers/engineers.

Hi @geneyann,

Could you please let us know the changes you made lately in the machine?

• Did you upgrade your Mac OS X to a newer version?
  • Did you download a new Bitnami WordPress OS X VM to update the installation in your machine? Did you want to launch a fresh installation?
  • Did you have any issue booting the VM before?

With that information, I’ll send you instructions to fix the issue.

• Did you upgrade your Mac OS X to a newer version?
  • Yes, it’s running the latest OS Big Sur, 11.4
  • Did you download a new Bitnami WordPress OS X VM to update the installation in your machine?
    No
  • Did you want to launch a fresh installation?
    Yes, fresh installation.
  • Did you have any issue booting the VM before?
    This is my first time downloading the Bitnami Wordpress OS X VM, if I am not mistaken.

Hi @geneyann,

It seems you launched a Bitnami OS X VM solution in the past and it’s generating errors with the new deployment. Let’s run these commands in the terminal:

cd ~/
sudo rm -rf .bitnami/stackman/helpers/hyperkit
sudo rm -rf .bitnami/stackman/machines/wordpress

Then, download the latest version of the solution from bitnami.com and execute it.

https://bitnami.com/stack/wordpress/installer

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

This is what I am seeing now. Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 8.09.11 PM

ok, the VM is now started but you can’t access your site. Let’s see if we can obtain more info, can you run the Bitnami Support tool in the VM’s terminal?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

mkdir: /opt/bitnami: No such file or directory

mv: rename bnsupport-linux-x64.run to /opt/bitnami/bnsupport/: No such file or directory

chmod: /opt/bitnami/bnsupport/bnsupport-linux-x64.run: No such file or directory

ln: /opt/bitnami/bnsupport-tool: No such file or directory

Hi @geneyann,

Did you access the OS X VM terminal before running those commands? You can open the terminal by clicking on “Open Terminal” in the OS X VM GUI.

Actually… what’s an OS X VM GUI…

Hello @geneyann,

The OS X VM GUI refers to the Graphical User Interface. In this case, it would be the WordPress application window from which you start your Wordpress application. In said interface, there is an “Open Terminal” button that will open the Virtual Machine terminal. It is inside that terminal where you need to run the commands related to our bnsupport-tool.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Here is the code 5ca0c59d-15cc-886c-8158-07d9bd521e5c

Hi @geneyann,

I can see that all the services inside the OS X VM are running properly. Did you access the correct IP address in the browser? In order to confirm that everything is ok, you can open the VM’s terminal again and run this command

curl -LI localhost

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

All I did was typing localhost/wordpress in the browser. It refused to connect. I have also tried to access Wordpress by clicking the “Start” button using the Application, nothing pops up.

Add on: I have tried to type in the IP address directly into the browser, doesn’t work as well.

Hi @geneyann,

You do not need to use localhost, you need to use the IP of the VM that is shown in the graphical interface.

Apart from that, could you please run this command inside the VM’s terminal

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 8.57.01 PM

This you mean?
Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 8.58.17 PM

Hi @geneyann,

This doesn’t make sense, you are getting a connection refused in the terminal but an “error establishing a database connection” in the browser. Let’s try to access the database and see if the credentials are configured properly:

• Try to access the database using the root credentials
mysql -u root -p

Note: You will need to use the default password we configure during the first boot of the instance.

• Let’s try to access the database now using the credentials that you can find in the wp-config.php file.
mysql -u bn_wordpress -p bitnami_wordpress

Note: You will find the password in the wp-config.php file

Is the connection successful in both cases?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t start OS X VM after upgrading to Big Sur