New service/instance -- immediate problems with server memory limit

Keywords: WordPress Multisite - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Services (Apache, MariaDB, MySQL…)

bnsupport ID: aab9d68d-76d4-2307-eb04-992f9446bebe

bndiagnostic output:

? Resources: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/faq/linux-faq/administration/increase-memory-linux/

bndiagnostic failure reason: The suggested guides are not related with my issue

Description:
It seems WordFence corrupted my old server and it messed up the apache files and database.

I’ve tried booted a new server/instance in GCP for WordPress Multisite Bitnami + Automattic.

Zone:
us-central1-a

g1-small (1 vCPU, 1.7 GB memory)

Bootdisk: 30GB

Total used free shared buff/cache available Mem: 1693 554 303 33 835 935 Swap:
0 0 0

Is this not enough to run a WordPress Multisite?

What is the recommended GB memory to use for a multisite?

Hello @gednav,

Have you encountered any memory-related errors? As you can see in your memory info, you should have sufficient free and available memory in your instance even if the diagnostic tool recommends increasing it. When releasing a new asset instance, we specify the minimum requirements for it to run without issues, which in this case is indeed 1 vCPU and 1.7GB of memory.

That isn’t to say that you won’t require more resources if your site(s) is under heavy traffic or you have a lot of sites configured, but is the minimum requirement for WP to run smoothly with a light-medium load.

Having said that you can always increase your instance’s resources or try optimizing your WP if you think your site is running slowly when it should have enough resources.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz