New Bitnami WPress won’t accept user and password. Tried Bitnami Support Tool but won't work. How to rescue earlier site

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Hi there,
I have macOS Big Sur running on my Mac and when I went to run my Bitnami WordPress it no longer worked, so I downloaded it again. This issue is I cannot get in to the new Bitnami WordPress I downloaded either as it won’t accept my Bitnami email and password and when I run the following command in terminal :
sudo cat /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials
it comes back with : Password: (and a symbol of a key - meaning locked)
(In my previous Bitnami WordPress site I used to select the bitnami badge on the bottom of the wordpress welcome page but it’s no longer there with the new update.)
How can I get into my new Bitnami WordPress site please?
Also how do I ensure I don’t loose the original wordpress website I had in my original Bitnami WordPress site?
I tried loading the Bitnami Support Tool via terminal and I also run into the same password: with the key lock symbol.
Thanks for your help in advance, Louise

Hi @louise1,

We do not include any symbol in that file, there should be something in your terminal’s configuration that is showing that symbol.

If you had a Bitnami WordPress machine running locally, what did you change to not to be able to log in to the application using the credentials you’ve used since the beginning?

Hi there, Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile: My Bitnami Wordpress stopped working after my OS upgrade. I installed a New Bitnami WordPress but when I go to login wordpress with my username or email address. It says :Error: There is no account with that username or email address.

Also the bit in the above message about the Password with the key symbol from what I understand the terminal wants me to enter my bitnami password yet that is what I am having trouble with it not accepting when I log into the Wordpress site? I tried putting in the password again and it says : "Sorry, try again. Password: "

Hi @louise1,

Is this the issue you are running into?

Hi Jota, When I put in my Bitnami password where the key symbol is it doesn’t work. When I put in my computer password this comes up:
Password:
cat: /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials: No such file or directory
louisehomefolder@Louises-MacBook-Pro ~ %
:slight_smile:

Hi @louise1,

Did you click on “Open Terminal” in the OS X VM? You are running the cat command in the MacBook’s command line (that’s why you see Louises-MacBook-Pro) but not inside the VM. Please click on “Open Terminal” in the OS X VM GUI and then run the command.

Hi Jota, Thanks again for your help with this. It’s greatly appreciated!!
When I go to the Wordpress Bitnami pop up window that opens up that has : “Start”, “stop”, “Go to Application”, “Open Terminal”, “Visit Bitnami”, “Get Support”.
I choose “Open Terminal” This opens my Terminal utility which is were I’m typing in the command I’ve mentioned above “sudo cat /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials”. Is there somewhere else you are referring to?

Hi @louise1,

Thanks for your message. Does it give you any error message when clicking the “Open Terminal” button? If the action succeeded, it should be showing the prompt below

root@debian:~#

Can you try running the next command on your terminal? It is the command that the “Open terminal” button runs, and it may give us more information on the real error you are having

ssh -i '~/.bitnami/stackman/machines/wordpress/ssh/id_rsa' -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no 'root@IP_ADDRESS'

Remember to replace the IP_ADDRESS placeholder with the “IP Address” value you get in the control panel

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 10.58.38

You also mention that you updated your OS. Can you tell us from which version to which one? Are you also running a newer Bitnami WordPress OS X VM version? Which one?

Hi Gongomgra, Thanks again for your help with this I really appreciate it. :grinning: I don’t get this in the Terminal window: root@debian:~#
Also when I put in the following I get this: ssh -i ‘~/.bitnami/stackman/machines/wordpress/ssh/id_rsa’ -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no ‘http://192.168.64.3
ssh: Could not resolve hostname http://192.168.64.3: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
louisehomefolder@Louises-MacBook-Pro ~ %

Hi @louise1,

Thanks for your message. Please notice the command you run isn’t exactly the command I provided you with. Supposing your instance’s IP address is 192.168.64.3, you have to run the command below

ssh -i '~/.bitnami/stackman/machines/wordpress/ssh/id_rsa' -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no 'root@192.168.64.3'