Need to Bitnami ElasticSearch Cluster with version 6.x

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
I need to set up bitnami elasticsearch cluster with version 6.x on azure platform.we have existing setup 6.x version, Now we want to create one more environment with the same version but it is giving us 7.x version.

Can we create the 6.x version for the same.

waiting for a response !!

Hello @maulinshah158.ms,

I’m afraid we no longer support ES 6 in Azure, having updated it to the newer ElasticSearch 7. As Azure doesn’t allow to offer more than one version, you can no longer access the old ES 6.

A way around this would be to use our old ES 6 installers, which will allow you to install ES 6 on a Debian machine and then add it to your cluster. Keep in mind our ES installers are also deprecated (and thus not supported), in addition to being a workaround. If you want to pursue this approach we can provide you the old ES 6 installers, as they are no longer lister in out site.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

@fdepaz sounds good. yes, please provide me ES6 Installer on Debian Machine.

Hello @maulinshah158.ms,

You can download the last version of ES 6 for which we released an installer, version 6.7.1, at the following link:

https://downloads.bitnami.com/files/stacks/elasticsearch/6.7.1-1/bitnami-elasticsearch-6.7.1-1-linux-x64-installer.run

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

ES installers are also deprecated - If it is deprecated then how long it will works?
provided Installer works for Debian Machine?

provide your inputs as soon as possible.

Hello @maulinshah158.ms,

Yes, the installer should work on a Debian VM without issues. What I meant by “deprecated” is that we no longer release new version installers and the support we can give in this community is limited.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

@fdepaz Can you please provide me steps to Install it on debian VM and run it?

Hello @maulinshah158.ms,

To install it, you just need to execute the .run file as normally done in Linux.

Regarding the configuration, as I said, we no longer offer support for the ES installer solution so we no longer have any guide you can refer to. In this case, I’m afraid you will need to tinker with it a bit, though it’s configuration should be fairly similar (if not the same) to the one you are already using in your VM.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

I Installed 7.x version using market place of azure and i got this commands to Install 6.x version from command line.

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop 
sudo mv /opt/bitnami /opt/bitnami.bck

Then download and install ES 6.2.2

cd /tmp
wget https://downloads.bitnami.com/files/stacks/elasticsearch/6.2.2-0/bitnami-elasticsearch-6.2.2-0-linux-x64-installer.run
chmod +x bitnami-elasticsearch-6.2.2-0-linux-x64-installer.run 

sudo ./bitnami-elasticsearch-6.2.2-0-linux-x64-installer.run  --prefix /opt/bitnami

so by running this command they are asking about sudo password and i tried multiple times correct passwords, so is there any way to reset sudo password?

waiting for your response.

Hello @maulinshah158.ms,

You can check the following guide how to obtain the sudo password, which should be the same as the app admin one:

https://docs.bitnami.com/azure-templates/apps/elasticsearch/get-started/first-steps/

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

@fdepaz I have created 2 nodes cluster and deployed Bitnami successfully but it is showing only one node. why not showing 2 nodes.

please check attached Image and help me for the same.

Hello @maulinshah158.ms,

I’m afraid this question goes out of the scope of the support we are able to provide. We can only offer support and help on basic and most frequent application configurations. Always based on the default configuration or on our guides. We suggest you to post your question on the official support forums of the application so others can help you, where someone with more experience and knowledge about that specific tool can help you better than we can.

https://www.elastic.co/community/

Do not hesitate to write us back if you have any other questions regarding the Bitnami solutions or their configuration.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz