Need help with bitnami wordpress - i no longer see my wordpress blog

Keywords: WordPress - Windows - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: e7a49ab4-35eb-b039-ad16-064d74125892
Description:
Need help with bitnami wordpress, already had wordpress installed. now when i click the bitnami buttons it doesnt launch “open application folder” neither will it launch “open phpmyadmin” and when i try to run wordpress via my localhost i no longer see my website and the servers dont run in the bitnami program anymore

Hello @wordpressuser,

Did you make any changes permission-related to the installation folder? Have you tried running the program as an administrator?

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

i havent made any changed to the installation folder it is exactly in the same location. only recent change I have made to my computer was that I upgraded my firefox browser. the directory for my wordpress is on my desktop , literally mapped to a folder on my desktop. i have tried running the program as an administrator also

Hello @wordpressuser,

Could you please share the output shown in the Server Events tab of the launcher once you click Manage Servers -> Restart all?

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

when i start the bitnami wordpress stack (version 5.5.1-2) it shows all white there
when I click on manage servers > Restart all
it shows
Stopping all servers…
Restarting all servers…
and thats all it stays on even if hours pass by thats allit stays on

Hello @wordpressuser,

Could you try restarting the services one by one and see which ones don’t start?

This issue could be related to another service using one of the needed ports. You can check it by opening a command prompt window and executing:

netstat -abon | findstr "80"
netstat -abon | findstr "3306"

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

i ran both those cmd codes nothing came up. cursor just blinked on the page thats it

Hello @wordpressuser,

Did you try starting the services one by one? This would help us to debug the issue. Apache is usually the service that fails and you can try starting the service directly from the console. To do so, please try running the following command and share here its output:

INSTALLDIR/apache2/bin/httpd.exe -d INSTALLDIR/apache2 -f INSTALLDIR/apache2/conf/httpd.conf

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Ive tried starting the services one by one, btu in the managed servers tab it shows nothgi there, its just a white screen. so there is nothign to start individually or one by one.

when I open the CMD prompt and put in

INSTALLDIR/apache2/bin/httpd.exe -d INSTALLDIR/apache2 -f INSTALLDIR/apache2/conf/httpd.conf

I get the message ‘INSTALLDIR’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I was doing some testing and i noticed 2 things
those probs are onoly with this bitnami setup.

I did another bitnami setup on another computer (kept the same directoy) and it runs but
it says : servers not running - waiting on one or more servers to be running

• my first installation doesnt even show this * it wouldnt let me get to this stage.
    also with this 2nd installation, it at least allows me to click the button and the windows open such as :
    Go to applications
    Open applications folder,etc
    but this is the errors i get in the servers event folder ::

Starting all servers…
Starting MySQL Database…
Exit code: 1
Stdout:

Stderr:
Unknown error starting mysql
Starting Apache Web Server…
Stdout:

Stderr:
Unknown error starting apache
Exit code:
Stdout:

Iam also facing the issue for my metal business cards related site, the site is designed on custom php but I wants to install WordPress on it for blogpost how can i do such a task please help me thanks

Hello @wordpressuser,

You will need to replace INSTALLDIR with the path to the installation directory where WP is at, something like C:Programs/apache2....

For the second issue your are facing, could you please try the steps detailed in this other thread:

Hello @mrsginamann, you are asking a question unrelated to the issue discussed in this thread. To keep the forum organised so that other users can find what they need easily, please open a new thread with your issue and we will be happy to help.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

I did it with the correct INSTALLDIR you instructed me to making sure the path was right.
I put the command in the CMD promp. it blinked white line twice then did nothing.

Hello @wordpressuser,

Did you try the steps detailed in the linked thread from my previous post? Were you able to start your services on your second machine?

servers not running
waiting for one or more servers to be running
then I click ont he buton for :start servers" but its just stuck on that screen

(this is the mssage i see in the server events tab)
Starting all servers…
Starting MySQL Database…
Stdout:

Stderr:
Unknown error starting mysql
Starting Apache Web Server…
Stdout:

Stderr:
Unknown error starting apache
Exit code:
Stdout:

Hi @wordpressuser,

I haven’t been able to reproduce the described behaviors on my end. Could you try installing the latest Wordpress version on your second computer and check whether it starts correctly?

Download URL: https://downloads.bitnami.com/files/stacks/wordpress/5.7.1-2/bitnami-wordpress-5.7.1-2-windows-x64-installer.exe