Mysqld doesn't start in Mac OS Yosemite

I have the same problem, if you can fix please notify me. I've been looking for more than 3 hours and I can not solve.

mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/var/mysql
dyld: Symbol not found: sqlite3intarray_bind
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
Expected in: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
in /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData

i have the exact same problem, if you have an answer please reply me asap.
thanks in advance.

Same pb here.
I've got no problem for running WP after the instal but when I've closed and re-open the soft, MySQL Database can't start.

Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
Expected in: /Applications/wordpress-3.9.1-1/sqlite/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
 in /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
140812 09:50:48 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /Applications/wordpress-3.9.1-1/mysql/data/mysqld.pid ended

Just a quick note to let you all now @aferrini @ofmg1986 @volyminhnhan and @allfordesign that we are looking into it.

We will update this thread with info/questions for you or tests to be done once we continue with our investigations.

Thanks for the report.

In the mean time, your guys can use AMPPS as a replacement for Xampp.
I'm using it after having no way to figure it out.
@aferrini @allfordesign

Hi,

We are working to officially fix it but as a workaround you can edit:

/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/xampp

Look for:

$XAMPP_ROOT/bin/mysql.server start > /dev/null &

And add unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on top of it. It should look like:

unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

1 Like

Can you explain this work around for the WAMP stack downloaded from the App store? How soon will you have this fixed? The stack was working fine until the last 2 versions of the Yosemite beta.

Thanks.

Hi,

The workaround for MAMP is to add "unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" at the beginning of the "/Applications/mampstack-version/mysql/scripts/ctl.sh":

#!/bin/sh
unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then restart the MYSQL server.

4 Likes

Ok, I confirm that now it is ok.
Thanks!

1 Like

ApacheFriends have already released new XAMPP versions 1.8.3-5 and 1.8.2-6 that fix this issues on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

Maybe you can be more clear in this. When I attempt to edit that file, It won't let me edit the original. Even though i've set the permissions to make myself owner. If i'm editing the wrong file, please include a very specific path - i had to drill in to the package contents in order to find the file you're referring.

Hi @robertlesterjr

could you please copy&paste the name of the installer?. With that, I'll provide you with the specific path.

Before do it, as @beltran already said, ApacheFriends released new versions that should fix this issue. Could you try that new versions? (1.8.3-5 and 1.8.2-6). Do they work for you?

Best regards.

@robertlesterjr
I don't know if your situation is similar to mine, but here is what worked for me in the Concrete5 installer. I found
Applications>Concrete5>mysql>scripts>ctl.sh

And pasted:

#!/bin/sh
unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

At the top of it. I'm no MYSQL pro, I just read these forums posts, crossed my fingers and took a guess and it fixed it. So far there are no adverse effects. Hope that helps.

1 Like

That are the exact steps @pastorryanhayden .

If @robertlesterjr cannot download the new XAMPP version, I recommend you to follow what @beltran and @pastorryanhayden said.

Best regards.

Hi - same problem above but installing version 3.8.1 from the App Store onto the Yosemite Beta (10.10). For some reason I cant find the files that are mentioned above - i.e. I cant find them in Library\Containers\com.bitnami.worpress\ ... etc

Also - when installed via the App Store could you give me the exact paths of the files I need to edit to get MySQL to start? as mentioned above the only files it installs are in the Containers directory that I mention above.

All works on Mavericks - shall I just wait until Yosemite goes live?

When beltran mentions that "ApacheFriends" have fixed the issue - do I have to install something else? he didnt mention what to install. Will this fix the App Store deployment? i.e. does the install of XAMPP 1.8.2-6 install in the same container as the App Store.... ?

Any help would be gratefully received :smile:

Hi - I've installed the whole stack one by one and its all working now - pls ignore my post above :slight_smile:

Hi @countbaltar,

I'm glad you fixed it!

Ok; MySQL stopped working here too after upgrade to Yosemite.

What worked for me was editing the following file:
/Applications/BitNamiStackTomcat.app/Contents/Resources/app/mysql/scripts/ctl.sh

And add
unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
as the first line inside the start_mysql() function

For me adding that line directly after #!/bin/sh (line 2) didn't solve the problem

Hi could someone tell me how to manually fix this error in XAMPP 1.8.22

I have tried:

... edit /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/xampp

Look for:

And add unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on top of it. It should look like:

unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

And I have tried:

What worked for me was editing the following file:
............./app/mysql/scripts/ctl.sh

And add
unset DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
as the first line inside the start_mysql() function

Update:

Not sure if the steps I followed here contributed to fixing the problem, but I was able to get mysql to start up by running sudo mysql.server start

Without sudo it wasn't able to create the xampfiles/var/mysql/mysql.sock file.