After numerous trial and error I managed to get it running following these steps:
- Changed permission of MySQL following this thread:
sudo chmod -R 777 /opt/bitnami/mysql/
2. After that mysql can be restarted, however Wordpress is still not running so I checked apache log
3. Found out permission error:
failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-load.php`
4. Changed permission for PHP following this thread:
5. After that I can start MySQL and WordPress works again
HOWEVER I feel that I did not do things correctly, as the permission of MySQL is at 777, which is insecure and feels more like a hack. If I change the permission of /opt/bitnami/mysql/ other than 777 it won't work, so could you guide me to the correct procedure? I won't mind if I have to install a new instance or backup anything..
Thanks in advance!