More clarifications on Bitnami's choosen config for Alfresco

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?: v4

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX): Linux

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?: No

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):
    hi
    Please i would like to know:

• if there is any reason why Bitnami chooses to use Mysql as default database instead of Postgre

• Can i use Bitnami Afresco for production ?

Thanks

• Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):

• Copy the apache log (if relevant):

PASTE HERE

Hi @delacosta456,

Thank you for your interest in Bitnami.

if there is any reason why Bitnami chooses to use Mysql as default database instead of Postgre

Our applications use MySQL by default except when it’s not supported.

Can i use Bitnami Afresco for production ?

Yes. you can use it in production because all Bitnami applications are secure, optimised and up to date.

Regards,
Michiel

hi @Michiel
Thanks for clarifying this…

People said Postgre is used because of it’s ability to handle concurrent access in parallel (sorry i am no an expert) .
So did you mean i could also get good result if like 10 pepole using it when deployed with mtsql

Hi @delacosta456,

That won’t cause any issues. The maximum number of concurrent connections for MySQL exceeds 10,000, but is limited by the machine resources.

You can find more information here:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/connection-interfaces.html#connection-interfaces-volume-management

Regards,
Michiel

@michiel

Many thanks you help me make my final choice

Thanks

Hi @delacosta456,

Thanks for letting us know. We are happy we helped you to solve your questions. Let us know if we can close this thread as solved.

Regards,
Gonzalo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.