Moodle no longer syncs office365 users

Keywords: Moodle - Microsoft Azure - Technical issue - Other

bnsupport ID: 5c2707a9-f007-830f-cc70-c62f47f4969a

bndiagnostic output:

? Resources: Found possible issues
? Apache: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/debug-errors-apache/
https://docs.bitnami.com/bch/apps/moodle/troubleshooting/deny-connections-bots-apache/

bndiagnostic failure reason: I do not know how to perform the changes explained in the documentation

Description:
Hello, I have the office 365 integration working correctly for months, today I see that it is no longer synchronizing with new office 365 users, when I run the script, after 45 seconds it stops and at the end of the cron job I see:

Scheduled task failed: Synchronize users with AAD. (local_o365 \ task \ usersync), Error writing to database.

I have 4 thousand users, moodle 3.10.1 (bitnami on azure), any advice is appreciated, thanks

Hi @teksukamen,

I don’t see the cronjob for the bitnami or the root user. For which user did you enable it? Can you try to execute the cron command manually?

Regards,
Michiel

Hello, thanks for your answer, the cron is working, I can also execute it manually. When I noticed that it is not synchronizing with new users I executed the cron manually, that is where I see the error log of the task, that it cannot write to the database, but I was able to synchronize the first users

Hi @teksukamen,

So is it solved now? If not, I recommend asking in a dedicated Moodle forum, they might be able to help you better.

Regards,
Michiel

1 Like

Hi, I was finally able to fix the problem, it was not a stack or moodle failure, configuring the mapping between user fields in Microsoft 365 and Moodle caused the failure. Once the new fields are deactivated, it now works correctly.

1 Like

Hi @teksukamen,

I’m glad to hear the issue has been solved. :smile:

Regards,
Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.