Moodle does not load on localhost

Keywords: Moodle - Windows - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: a18f2d2b-6b6a-c114-8c7b-389f657b07ae
Description:
Moodle 3.10.1 xamp 7.4.15

Hello, I have tested moodle 3.10.1 locally, the details is that after installing it and seeing that it works, I wanted to try some plugins (adaptable for 3.10.1) all fine until the check passed, it no longer wanted to load the moodle

After a few minutes I directly accessed the url, and the plugin configuration process ended, moodle was working, I didn’t understand what happened, then I tried to change the language, I was able to install the Spanish pack, and when I changed the preferred language, just when I tried save the changes, again it stops loading moodle, if I rewrite the url localhost / moodle / user / language.php I return to the save button and nothing happens, I have discovered that every time I try to save a change, it stops loading moodle.

The only error I saw during installation was: mod_lti

any advice?, thanks

Hello @teksukamen,

I was able to install adaptable plugin and Spanish pack without issues on a fresh installation.

The only weird output I can see in your Apache error.log is:

[Wed Mar 03 13:18:20.356605 2021] [php7:notice] [pid 10600:tid 1824] [client ::1:50234] Debugging: cURL request for "https://download.moodle.org/download.php/direct/langpack/3.10/languages.md5" failed, HTTP response code: HTTP/2 403 \r\n in \r\n* line 1623 of \\lib\\filelib.php: ca\
ll to debugging()\n* line 511 of \\lib\\componentlib.class.php: call to download_file_content()\n* line 458 of \\lib\\componentlib.class.php: call to component_installer->get_all_components_md5()\n* line 390 of \\lib\\componentlib.class.php: call to component_installer->get_compone\
nt_md5()\n* line 285 of \\lib\\componentlib.class.php: call to component_installer->need_upgrade()\n* line 804 of \\lib\\componentlib.class.php: call to component_installer->install()\n* line 665 of \\lib\\componentlib.class.php: call to lang_installer->install_language_pack()\n* l\
ine 383 of \\install.php: call to lang_installer->run()\n, referer: http://localhost/moodle/install.php

...

[Thu Mar 11 13:11:26.238619 2021] [php7:warn] [pid 24860:tid 1824] [client ::1:50592] PHP Warning:  rename(G:\\xampp\\moodledata/cache/cachestore_file/default_application/core_config/c90-cache/.604a5d4e38b594.31743062.temp,G:\\xampp\\moodledata/cache/cachestore_file/default_applica\
tion/core_config/c90-cache/c90e33312a5b0597bad42d48c33238efe56036ee.cache): Acceso denegado. (code: 5) in G:\\xampp\\htdocs\\moodle\\cache\\stores\\file\\lib.php on line 733, referer: http://localhost/moodle/admin/index.php?cache=0&confirmrelease=1&confirmplugincheck=1
[Thu Mar 11 13:11:26.239620 2021] [php7:warn] [pid 24860:tid 1840] [client ::1:50604] PHP Warning:  rename(G:\\xampp\\moodledata/cache/cachestore_file/default_application/core_config/c90-cache/.604a5d4e38b928.67273031.temp,G:\\xampp\\moodledata/cache/cachestore_file/default_applica\
tion/core_config/c90-cache/c90e33312a5b0597bad42d48c33238efe56036ee.cache): Acceso denegado. (code: 5) in G:\\xampp\\htdocs\\moodle\\cache\\stores\\file\\lib.php on line 733, referer: http://localhost/moodle/admin/index.php?cache=0&confirmrelease=1&confirmplugincheck=1

Since the question seems to be related to the application itself or any third party tool, probably someone with more experience and knowledge about that specific tool can help you better than we can. We suggest you to post your question on the official support forums of the application so others can help you.

Do not hesitate to write us back if you have any other questions regarding the Bitnami solutions or their configuration.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, I do not think it is about the plugins, because I have already tested it on a production server and they work well, apart from the fact of installing a plugin, the mere fact of setting the language in moodle, I already it was giving problems. Well as it is a test environment I will have to delete everything and start again :’(

Now that I see the log you have sent, the first log refers to when I tried the installation, activated my native language, the page was updated and when I went to the next step, it gave a language error and returned to English. Then moodle showed several errors that it had to fix before proceeding with the installation. I left everything there and tried again on 11/03, fixed all the errors and moodle proceeded with the installation. Maybe in that process something was installed wrong, well, I’ll start over, it will be fun.