Migrate Subversion from Old Server to New

Keywords: Redmine - AWS - How to - Upgrade

Description:
Hi, I have just installed the latest Bitnami Redmine Stack onto a new AWS instance (MS Server 2019).

Our previous Bitnami stack is as follows (Bitnami Redmine Stack 3.2.1-0):

Environment:
  Redmine version                3.2.1.stable
  Ruby version                   2.1.7-p400 (2015-08-18) [i386-mingw32]
  Rails version                  4.2.5.2
  Environment                    production
  Database adapter               Mysql2
SCM:
  Subversion                     1.8.11
  Git                            2.5.1
  Filesystem                     

On the New Server I now have the following (Bitnami Redmine Stack 4.2.2-0) with all the old data migrated over:

Environment:
  Redmine version                4.2.2.stable
  Ruby version                   2.6.8-p205 (2021-07-07) [x64-mingw32]
  Rails version                  5.2.6
  Environment                    production
  Database adapter               Mysql2
  Mailer queue                   ActiveJob::QueueAdapters::AsyncAdapter
  Mailer delivery                smtp
SCM:
  Git                            2.32.0
  Filesystem                     

On the older server, we are running Subversion which may of been bundled with the Bitnami Redmine stack as I can see a “Subversion Server” running in the Bitnami Redmine Stack Manager Tool.

Can someone please advise the best way to install Subversion onto this server and migrate all our previous data from old server to the new one?

Thanks!
Al

Hi @alanm

Thanks for using Bitnami Redmine!

I have just launched a new instance and it seems that Subversion comes also shipped in the newer releases:

Please, check that you have it enabled in your Project -> Settings page.

Can someone please advise the best way to install Subversion onto this server and migrate all our previous data from old server to the new one?

We have a guide that covers the upgrade process, could you please take a look at it?

https://docs.bitnami.com/google/apps/redmine/administration/upgrade/

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Thanks Jose,

On my new server I can now see the settings in the project below so yes it looks like it has Subversion:

bitnami

When I installed the new server, I installed bitnami redmine stack and I had followed the page you supplied.

I migrated over the database and restored. Migrated over the Files folder. I did not migrate the plugins, I re-installed them fresh with new versions.

Now I just need to migrate all the subversion items from the old server, configuration, users etc are the same - is there a document on this?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.