Migrate db rake aborted (Redmine 4.2.3 OVA)

Type: Suggestion

Description:
As in Migrate DB Rake Aborted, I get the same while upgrading to Redmine 4.2.3. I have to add parameter socket: /opt/bitnami/mariadb/tmp/mysql.sock to Redmine’s database.yml. It was throwing Mysql2::Error::ConnectionError: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

Thanks for the info. Could you please let us know the version you were upgrading from? We would like to reproduce the issue.

We were on 2.6.10.stable

Hi @kuman2k,

That’s a big change and that’s probably the reason why you are running into issues when performing the upgrade. Please review the app’s documentation and its forums to know if there is any additional step you need to perform.

Aware of that big leap. Pardon me of not understanding the whole thing. I viewed it this way - the stack’s MariaDB is in /opt/bitnami/mariadb, then why rake (of Redmine in the stack) looks/uses the stock /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock? I am suggesting (with my limited knowledge) that Redmine stack to be corrected (and configured) to use /opt/bitnami/mariadb/tmp/mysql.sock or just highlight the hack (edit database.yml) I used.

That (failed rake db:migrate) was the only issue I encountered, the rest were good. Alhamdulillah. We would running live this new Redmine in few days time.

Thanks for great jobs you guys in Bitnami gave.

Thanks for the info @kuman2k. As you mentioned, Redmine should be using /opt/bitnami/mariadb/tmp/mysql.sock instead of /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock. I’ll forward this info to our engineering team. However, could you please confirm if you installed MySQL using apt?

sudo apt list --installed | grep mysql

This new/clean VM creation from OVA I downloaded.

bitnami@debian:~$ sudo apt list --installed | grep mysql

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

mysql-common/oldstable,now 5.8+1.0.5 all [installed,automatic]
bitnami@debian:~$
bitnami@debian:~$ ps -ef | grep mysql | grep -v grep
mysql 17225 1 0 Jan16 ? 00:03:38 /opt/bitnami/mariadb/sbin/mysqld --defaults-file=/opt/bitnami/mariadb/conf/my.cnf --basedir=/opt/bitnami/mariadb --datadir=/bitnami/mariadb/data --socket=/opt/bitnami/mariadb/tmp/mysql.sock --pid-file=/opt/bitnami/mariadb/tmp/mysqld.pid
bitnami@debian:~$

Ok, thanks! I’ll create a task to include that parameter in the Redmine’s configuration so users do not run into this issue anymore. I just launched a fresh instance and confirmed the parameter is not set there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.