I am running a micro instance.
Of late, I have been getting the following error on apache, due to which the site is not getting loaded (grep -i maxclient /opt/bitnami/apache2/logs/error_log)
"server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting"
Doing "apachectl -l" gives me this...
Compiled in modules:
Doing df -h yields this...
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/xvda1 30G 9.5G 19G 34% /
udev 288M 8.0K 288M 1% /dev
tmpfs 119M 160K 118M 1% /run
none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
none 296M 0 296M 0% /run/shm
Doing free -m gave this...
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 590 537 52 0 22 379
-/+ buffers/cache: 135 454
Swap: 634 22 611
My server prefork is as below (/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-mpm.conf):
My questions are:
- Can I increase the MaxClients? Will it slow down the server? Will doing this alone avoid this error in future?
- If yes to 1, can I increase it to 200?
- If yes to 2, should I then increase MaxClients in all the places in httpd-mpm.conf?
- Is there any other place I need to make changes?
- After increasing MaxClients, should I do sudo apachectl -t before restarting apache using sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart apache?