MariaDB maxing out both CPUs on my AWS server

Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - AWS - Technical issue - Services (Apache, MariaDB, MySQL…)

bndiagnostic ID: a41f99c4-3b83-11d2-f421-1aa47e608fb3

bndiagnostic output:

? Apache: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/debug-errors-apache/

bndiagnostic failure reason: The suggested guides are not related with my issue

Description:
My client has an r5a.large server with 2 CPUs that are completely maxed out due to MariaDB.

• I have restarted MariaDB
  • I have restarted all 3 services
  • I have rebooted the server
  • I grepped for spam bots and blocked the top offenders

Nothing seems to quell the database’s extreme consumption of CPU. As soon as the server comes back up, the percent usage of MariaDB goes back up to 95%+ for each CPU. My client’s Joomla website has slowed down considerably, and I’m hoping you can find something in the diagnostics that can suggest why this is happening.

Hi @Toolie ,

It seems the app is performing wrong connections to the database

2022-04-01 20:18:50 106566 [Warning] Aborted connection 106566 to db: 'gcbjoomla' user: 'root' host: 'localhost' (Got an error writing communication packets)
2022-04-01 22:43:38 0 [Warning] Aborted connection 0 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'unauthenticated' host: 'connecting host' (Too many connections)

Please review the app’s configuration and ensure it generates a valid connection to the database. You can also contact Joomla to know more info about how to troubleshoot this connection issues with the database.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.