I resolved this issue by launching a new instance (Magento Certified by Bitnami Version: 2.3.2-1)
I checked system log to make sure all service users and passwords had been setup (apache2, elasticsearch, Memcached, mysql, magento application)
And also make sure that all services had started correctly (mysql, elastcsearch, php-fpm, apache2, varnish)
Sometimes when launching an instance with these AMI’s, it doesn’t finish all the processes, so it’s vital to check the system log and make sure everything has been finalized, and also to grab the application password while you’re there.
Now I log into the Magento Admin Web interface, create a product –(but it fails to save product)
I then check in Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog Search , and press the Test Elasticsearch button, and it Fails!
This is a T2.Small instance, so I create a 4.5gb swapspace following Bitnami’s guide: https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/faq/linux-faq/administration/increase-memory-linux/ but replacing [count=1048576] with [count=4500000]
Then I restart all services: sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart
Now I have success, products can be added successfully, elasticsearch test button states success, and search on the website works!