Liferay 7.3.3. Different problems

Keywords: Liferay - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 6d5612f6-2377-e691-5ebe-acd4a62de9e7
Description:
Code Number: 6d5612f6-2377-e691-5ebe-acd4a62de9e7

Dear all,
I’m having several problems with my Liferay instance. It seems it’s a known problem but I din’t find information about it at Bitnami forums:
https://help.liferay.com/hc/es/articles/360033277192-Errores-en-el-archivo-de-log-del-tipo-Redirect-URL-is-not-allowed-y-otros-síntomas-aleatorios

Detected problems:

1. The navigation around the portal is not fine in diferent situations.
  2. Back buttons don’t work properly.
  3. I have problems with permissions and I’m the root. For example, I receive “You don’t have enought privileges to do … “ when I change the styles for a portlet.
  4. I’m receiving log warning messages like this:
    2020-09-24 08:46:42.641 WARN [http-nio-8080-exec-4][PortalImpl:10…] Redirect URL … is not allowed

I’m working locally with the same version and I don’t have all these problems.
Could you please support me on this issues?
Thank you very much.
Have a nice day.

Hi @johndove,

These issues do not seem related to the Bitnami configuration, as they are also happening on non Bitnami installations. I recommend asking in the official Liferay forum.

Regards,
Michiel

Thank you.

I’ve asked at Liferay forums and the problem is related to this property: redirect.url.security.mode

Bitnami sets ‘redirect.url.security.mode’ property to ‘ip’ by default and it makes all this problems. If you change ‘redirect.url.security.mode’ to “domain” and specidy all allowed domains you want the problem is fixed.

Have a nice day.

Hi @johndove,

Thanks for the information, this should be configured correctly by default if the hostname is a domain instead of an IP address. Could it be that you change the hostname after launching the instance?

Regards,
Michiel

Hi @michiel,
This happens in the 2nd virtual instance (and other virtual instances): I need to specify its vitual host name.
I’ve done these changes and these problems have been fixed, except when I enter to my 1st liferay instance directly by its IP. This is not a problem because I will assign a domain name the my 1st instance soon.
Thank yo

Hi @johndove,

We are glad you can solve the problem. I close the ticket.
Do not hesitate to write us back if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Ibone.