Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate not renewing

Keywords: WordPress - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
bnsupport ID: 61cc5aec-763a-75f8-f7ee-3242b1ba3456
Description:
I have followed the instructions here https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/generate-install-lets-encrypt-ssl/ (step 5) to renew my Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate.

When I execute this command:
sudo lego --tls --email=“EMAIL” --domains=“mydomain.cloud” --path="/etc/lego"

It returns this error:
You have to pass an account (email address) to the program using --email or -m

I’ve tried a number of different formats (without quotations etc.) for the email address which have not worked.

Hi @talis.evans,

Could you please check that you were using the renew command as part of the command you are trying to run? According to the message you posted you were not using it. The command should be something as below

sudo lego --tls --email="email-address" --domains="your-domain" --path="/etc/lego" renew

Also, just in case it is related to the lego version, could you please let us know the output running the command below?

sudo lego --version

Hope it helps,
Gonzalo

Hi Gonzalo,

I’ve just tried that command and receive the following error:

sudo lego --tls --email=“OTHER-EMAIL” --domains=“parki.cloud” --path=“/etc

2019/01/30 11:49:29 You have to pass an account (email address) to the program using --email or -m

My version is
lego version 1.1.0

Regards, Talis

Im having the same problem did you find a solution, i ill tell you if i can get something

Hi @talis.evans,

It looks like you are using an old version of lego. Could you please update it to the latest version (currently 2.x) and try to renew the certificate again? Remember to add the renew argument at the end of your command because it looks like you didn’t provide it from what you posted.

You can download latest lego version by running the commands below

cd /tmp
rm -rf lego*
curl -s https://api.github.com/repos/xenolf/lego/releases/latest | grep browser_download_url | grep linux_amd64 | cut -d '"' -f 4 | wget -i -
tar xf lego_vX.Y.Z_linux_amd64.tar.gz
sudo mv lego /usr/local/bin/lego

@avalero, what version of lego are you using? Could you please try the steps I mentioned above?

Hope it helps,
Gonzalo

Thanks, upgrading the version of lego solved the issue.

Hi @talis.evans,

I’m glad you could fix your issue.

Best regards,
Gonzalo

Thank you that did the trick!

Hi @avalero,

Thanks for letting us know! I’m glad you could fix your issue :slight_smile:

Regards,
Gonzalo

Hi Gonzalo san,
Thank you for your advice. I could fix this issue:grin:

Hi.

I also came with the same issue, but when executing the sudo lego --tls --email=“EMAIL” --domains=“mydomain.cloud” --path="/etc/lego"

it returns the “command not found”.

I use Google Compute Engine btw.

To be more clear, i do change the “email” and “domain” with mine

Hi @Mobuild,

I’m glad it worked for you! :slight_smile:

Hi @gottagoods,

Have you downloaded the latest lego version following the steps I included in a previous post? What do you get when you run the command below?

sudo lego --version

Regards,
Gonzalo

Hi @Walter,

Is there anything we can help you with?

Regards,
Gonzalo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.