Let's Encrypt error "file exists" following bitnami guide

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?:

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX):
    lightsail

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?:

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):

• Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):

• Copy the apache log (if relevant):

PASTE HERE

I followed the bitnami guide to lets encrypt
This guide
and had only a minor issue on one site. Tried it on another and I after generating the certificate the guide shows for apache :

sudo ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/live/DOMAIN/fullchain.pem /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt sudo ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/live/DOMAIN/privkey.pem /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.key

I get ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf
/server.crt’: File exists

I have found very few solutions the latest relating to wordpress being named differently. I changed permissions and owners.

Hi @amvetserv,

Thank you for using Bitnami. As I mentioned in this post, the ln command is saying that the file already exists so you will need to remove or move that file and run the command again.

sudo mv /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.key /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.key.backup
sudo mv /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt.backup
sudo ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/live/DOMAIN/fullchain.pem /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt
sudo ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/live/DOMAIN/privkey.pem /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.key

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Jota

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart: