Larger images not showing up in blog posts

Keywords: Ghost - AWS - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: ce78dfc5-5633-511f-4f6c-e90a0380a0fe
Description:
Take a look at this blog post:
https://www.cryptowizard.cc/what-is-bitcoin-cryptocurrency/

It’s supposed to have several images on it but only one is showing up. The only difference I can see with the single working image is that it’s smaller than the other ones. None of the other images is outrageously large, but they won’t show up no matter what I try. I’ve tried changing png/jpg/gif format to no avail.

This is a Bitnami ghost installation on an AWS Lightsail instance. Can anyone help? This is driving me batty.

I should also add that I was able to insert a different small image into the blog post. So I think there’s definitely something going on with the image size…

Further investigation reveals that a 600 pixel wide image doesn’t work, but resizing it down to 400 pixels wide and the image shows up. What’s odd is all the large images show up just fine in the preview/edit page. It’s only the published page that exhibits this behavior.

Hi @cryptowiz

Thanks for using Bitnami Ghost!

It’s supposed to have several images on it but only one is showing up. The only difference I can see with the single working image is that it’s smaller than the other ones. None of the other images is outrageously large, but they won’t show up no matter what I try. I’ve tried changing png/jpg/gif format to no avail.

I have tried accessing your site but could not face any issues, all the images are rendered perfectly in my browser. Furthermore, I created a Ghost instance myself and wrote a post with much larger images (4000x3000) and they all look nice :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you solve your issue?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Thank you, Jose. I managed to get some help from someone in the ghost.org forums. You may close this request.

Glad to see you were able to solve your issue! We are marking the previous answer as “Solution” and this topic as “Closed”.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Feel free to create a new topic referencing this one if necessary.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart: