Kafka on GCP crashed after 24 hours

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?:
    Image on GCE: bitnami-kafka-2-7-0-1-r03-linux-debian-10-x86-64-nami

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX):

Launch from GCE

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?:
    Nothing extra

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):
    Disk read activity grew exponentially until VM crashed

• Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):

Not sure

• Copy the apache log (if relevant):
PASTE HERE

Hi @karl.nicholas

Thanks for using Bitnami Kafka!

Were you able to restart your instance after that crash? In that case, we have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

This report will hopefully give us some clues about why the disk activity grew up, as well as provide further information to understand the issue.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

I was able to restart it, then it happened to the client pod running in kubernetes on a separate vm, and that was restarted as well. Things seem settled at the moment and I am monitoring it.

Things seem settled at the moment and I am monitoring it.

Good to know! Should you face the issue again, please provide as many details as possible :slightly_smiling_face:. Additionally, run the bnsupport-tool, as it generates a report that we find extremely valuable in order to identify the root cause of many issues.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.