Kafka client Failed authentication

Keywords: Kafka - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Credentials

bndiagnostic ID: 65ffc023-0ec3-5f82-71ce-7629e31f6387

bndiagnostic output:

? Connectivity: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/faq/administration/use-firewall/

bndiagnostic failure reason: The suggested guides are not related with my issue

Description:
I am trying to use Debezium sever with kafka and I had made the following configuration
debezium.sink.kafka.security.protocol=SASL_PLAINTEXT
debezium.sink.kafka.sasl.mechanism=PLAIN
debezium.sink.kafka.sasl.jaas.config=org.apache.kafka.common.security.plain.PlainLoginModule required username=‘user’ password=’******’;

Here password is the default password generated while deploying the kafka. When I am using the above configuration, I can see the following logs in the server.log
[2022-03-16 04:39:43,885] INFO [SocketServer listenerType=ZK_BROKER, nodeId=1001] Failed authentication with /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Unexpected Kafka request of type METADATA during SASL handshake.) (org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector)

above configs are made based on referring the kafka_jass.conf, producer.properties and consumer.properties

Please let me know what changes I need to make in order to make a successful connection.

Hi @theruvath.firoz,

Thank you for using our solution. That’s a specific question about the application so we suggest you ask in the official forums of the application to get more information about that. The app’s documentation should also describe how to achieve what you want to, so please take a look at it too.

However, we will also keep this ticket open in this forum in case any Bitnami user configured the application they way you want to.

Thanks

Can you please update me, how I can disable auth from Kafka…I just want to move ahead with my investigation,. so I will disable auth and proceed.

Hi @theruvath.firoz,

As I mentioned before, that’s a question related to the application so please check the official documentation or contact the Kafka’s developers in the official support forum.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.