This has to be a really stupid mistake on my part, I apologize in advance, but I cannot log into the Bitnami Joomla installation - any help will really be appreciated !
I'm trying to install Bitnami Joomla on MacBook Pro 17 inch, (mid-2010) with High Sierra OS.
1. Downloaded “bitnami-joomla-3.8.11-0-r30-osx-x86_64-vm.dmg” and started installation
2. Installation proceeded and the Joomla! Dialog box appears.
3. Clicked the “Start” button and then also started all services under the “Services” tab.
4. Then I clicked the “Go to Application” and the Joomla site page opens in the browser.
5. But I cannot login with any credentials because nowhere during installation was I asked for a user name or password!
6. In the Applications folder I can see Joomla, but no subfolders. If I “Show Package Contents” I can see “Contents” etc but nothing for php, or htdocs etc.
7. I tried “admin” “root”, “password”, “Bitnami” to log in but none worked
So, if I was never asked for a user name and password, how can I log in as administrator?
Out of desperation I reformatted my hard drive, did a clean OS install - no luck. Same problem.
I also tried another way by reformatting AGAIN, clean-installing the OS, installing MAMP and then the Bitnami Joomla stack.
No luck here either - same problem!
Can anyone help ??