Jenkins.war filling up my disk

Keywords: Jenkins - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Other
Description:
Hello, I have jenkins instance running on my GCP. Its always full and its because the jenkins.war file. How to handle this file to make some space on my instance?

many thanks.

Hello @dhodyrahmad,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Hello @davidg,

This is the ID:

4485dbc2-1789-02d8-1d0e-db306e89934c

My instance always running out of disk, after walkaround in the directory I found jenkins.war is filling up my disk. This is the 3rd times I increase my disk space. I’ve done wipeout the workspace after build but it seems not helpful anymore. Any recommendation for saving the space? thank you

Hi @dhodyrahmad,

I can see you have 17 GB free:

-----------------------------------
Check free amount of disk space
-----------------------------------
Running: df -h
In: /opt/bitnami

Output:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev            5.9G     0  5.9G   0% /dev
tmpfs           1.2G  121M  1.1G  11% /run
/dev/sda1        99G   78G   17G  83% /
tmpfs           5.9G     0  5.9G   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           5.9G     0  5.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda15      124M  7.9M  116M   7% /boot/efi
tmpfs           1.2G     0  1.2G   0% /run/user/1004

The tool only gave us information about /opt/bitnami dir. Could you share with us the output of the following commands?

ls -laRth /bitnami
cd /bitnami
du -h . -d 1 | sort -h

Regards

Hi @davidg,

17GB left but jenkins still cannot build anymore due to running out of space.

Here’s the output of your recommendation command:

7.6G .
7.6G ./jenkins

I have 10GB free space (before increase disk) and still cannot provide any build. Most recommendation just deleting the builds and workspace, I do both of them but it still cannot work.

UPDATE:
I have some good news. After running command docker system prune it nicely reduces up to 50GB+ which is the main cause of the problem. So I have to make scheduler for pruning this docker application and to remove some dangling images.

Hi @dhodyrahmad,

Thanks for sharing the root cause of the issue.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.