Jaspersoft install on Bitnami -looks clean then throws server error - ?needs new version

Hi
I ve recently tried to launch JasperServer on Bitnami
It seemed to go fine and was able to log into the JasperServer via web login fine.
I can also browse around the application.
But when I click on a report I get a server error.
and this error message below

Is this familiar/make sense to anyone?
Do bitnami need to set up a new Jasperserver instance?
thanks
Tony

//////////////////////////////////////

Server Error

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Error Message

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Exception occurred rendering view org.springframework.web.servlet.view.JstlView: name ‘modules/viewReport/ViewReport’; URL [/WEB-INF/jsp/modules/viewReport/ViewReport.jsp]

Error Trace

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Exception occurred rendering view org.springframework.web.servlet.view.JstlView: name ‘modules/viewReport/ViewReport’; URL [/WEB-INF/jsp/modules/viewReport/ViewReport.jsp] at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.view.AbstractMvcView.render(AbstractMvcView.java:191) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.render(ViewState.java:296) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.doEnter(ViewState.java:186) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.State.enter(State.java:194) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Transition.execute(Transition.java:227) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.execute(FlowExecutionImpl.java:393) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.execute(RequestControlContextImpl.java:214) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.TransitionableState.handleEvent(TransitionableState.java:119) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Flow.handleEvent(Flow.java:555) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.handleEvent(FlowExecutionImpl.java:388) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.handleEvent(RequestControlContextImpl.java:210) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionState.doEnter(ActionState.java:105) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.State.enter(State.java:194) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Transition.execute(Transition.java:227) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.execute(FlowExecutionImpl.java:393) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.Reques

Hi @tony_shannon,

I just launched a new JasperServer instance and I could reproduce your issue. We’ll work on fixing that issue and we’ll let you know when it’s fixed.

Thank you for letting us know it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jota

Hi,
yesterday I used the Bitnami instance on AWS and had the same Issue. Is there a time line when the problem will be solved?

Thank you in advance
BR
Moritz

I got the same problem on the Google Cloud Platform

Hi @pyroit and @jbbrunsveld,

Thanks for letting us know. We continue checking this issue and will let you know when it’s fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Gonzalo

Following the file post before, I find the problem into ViewReport.jsp

<c:if test="${param.decorate != “no”}">

• <spring:message code=“button.back”/>

</c:if>

and I remove the quotes and slashes in the condition param.decorate and I get this.

<c:if test="${param.decorate != no}">

• <spring:message code=“button.back”/>

</c:if>

Hi @edtegomez,

It seems there was a problem with the formatting of your reply. Do you mind posting it again? I’ve granted you the permissions to upload images, in case that was what you were trying to do.

Cheers,
Alvaro