Is there a way to update PHP and Apache in Bitnami community AMIs without migrating?

Keywords: WordPress - AWS - How to - Upgrade
Description:
I have a community bitnami instance on AWS and it has PHP 7.1 and Apache 2.4.33.

All I want to do is update my lamp stack to the latest version for security reasons. I have searched everywhere but it seems the only way to do it is migrating to a whole new image.

Is there no simple way to update the LAMP stack with apt because frankly I have neither the time nor the inclination to do it, especially if it will have to be done every time a security hole has been patched

Hi @george2,

As mentioned in many other threads in this forum, updating single components of our stacks is not possible because we build them all together to ensure they will properly work. Using apt-get won’t work either because we don’t use the system packages manager.

We recommend you to create a new server with latest versions and then migrate your application data. If you are using WordPress, you can easily migrate your information using the All-in-one WP migration plugin as explained in our guide at https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/migrate-wordpress/

Apart from that, we have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Regards,
Gonzalo

1 Like

Hi @george2,

As mentioned in many other threads in this forum, updating single components of our stacks is not possible because we build them all together to ensure they will properly work. Using apt-get won’t work either because we don’t use the system packages manager.

We recommend you to create a new server with latest versions and then migrate your application data. If you are using WordPress, you can easily migrate your information using the All-in-one WP migration plugin as explained in our guide at https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/migrate-wordpress/

Apart from that, we have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Regards,
Gonzalo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.