IP address OroCRM (debian)

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Hello, I got OroCRM installer for OSX 4.2.4 running now.

The default IP address is 192.168.64.2. There doesn’t seem to have any config files in /etc/network/interfaces nor in /etc/network/interfaces.d

What is the safe way to change the IP to 192.168.1.x?

thanks!

Hi @Charles_LC_So,

Thanks for your message. If you are using the OS X VM, it is not possible to assign it a new IP address from your LAN network. What you can do is to map ports on your local machine (let’s say IP 192.168.1.11 to the virtual machine’s ports, 192.168.64.2). For instance, by default, there is an option to map port 8080 in your local computer to 192.168.64.2:80. If you enable it and you visit 192.168.1.11:8080, you should see OroCRM website.

As an alternative, you can use our OroCRM virtual machine and configure it in “Bridge” mode to get an IP address for network 192.168.1.0

https://bitnami.com/stack/orocrm/virtual-machine

@gongomgra Thank you for your solutions.

Turning on localhost:8080 doesn’t work. The localhost can be pinged by its IP address, but http://:8080 gives Unable to connect in Firefox.

Tried running the virtual machine with VirtualBox 6.1.24. It started OK, with an IP of my network. I can log in with bitnami:bitnami. But when I try to access OroCRM, I get:

Ummm…

Hi @Charles_LC_So,

OroCRM usually takes a bit long to start and initialize (doing the first application setup). Did it start properly after waiting some time? In my case it took around 5 minutes to start, and I was able to get to the OroCRM login page successfully

@gongomgra thank you for your reply.

Yes, the VM takes a bit of time to fully start up. It is partially working. message consumer failed to start.

This is the first time I see the login successfully.

Should I delete .bitnami and restart everything again?

The VirtualBox bitnami-orocrm virtual machine still gives me “The application is not installed” page even after 15 minutes.

Hi @Charles_LC_So,

I give the virtual-machine a try and it worked fine for me as well

Should I delete .bitnami and restart everything again?

The ~/.bitnami directory only affects the OS X VM asset (the .dmg file), and not the OVA that you open with VirtualBox. You can remove it if you are not going to save it, but we recommend you to save a backup of the app data first, as the removal can’t be undone.

The VirtualBox bitnami-orocrm virtual machine still gives me “The application is not installed” page even after 15 minutes.

Can you check the content of the /opt/bitnami/var/log/first-boot.log file? Can you also share the virtual machine specs?