Invalid permissions when I install plugins

Keywords: Moodle - Microsoft Azure - Technical issue - Permissions
bnsupport ID: cd6d21de-d2f1-fe23-157d-8f09dcb9aba8
Description:
Hi, I have finally updated the bitnami stack, to be able to update moodle 3.6 to 3.10.3. Everything ok, but when installing plugins I get this message:
“Invalid permissions detected when trying to create a directory. Turn debugging on for further details.”
I have tried changing the moodledata permissions to 775 with no results

Hello @teksukamen,

Did you update your existing instance to the new version or did you migrate your data to a new instance with Moodle 3.10? We have guides both for updating moodle and migrating it, did you follow the necessary steps?

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hello, thanks for responding, I used both, first the migration, for the need to update php, after seeing that the update of the stack worked, I navigated the site, and in notifications I observed that it still showed version 3.6, but in the environment it had a green light and indicated that it had php updated to 7.4.16. then I proceeded to update moodle according to the bitnami guide. Everything is perfect, my site, my data, users etc, as a first step I see notifications and it shows that I have moodle 3.10.3, then I proceed to update plugins, this is where I receive the error of invalid permissions

Hello @teksukamen,

If I understood you correctly, you did everything in the same instance, is that right? Could you please run the following commands to fix any permission errors:

cd /opt/bitnami/apps/moodle
sudo chown -R bitnami:daemon ./htdocs/ ./moodledata
sudo chmod -R g+w  ./htdocs/ ./moodledata

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Gracias, ha funcionado!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.