Install the Bitnami Redmine Plugins

How do I enable the built-in Redmine Plugins. It is there in vendor Folder but does not work.

Hello Shrikant,

which Plugins do you meen? I think the plugin, for example acts_as*, I think they are fully installt.. but not as a "plugin" ;-)

Bruno

You can find a quick guide to install plugins in Redmine and some examples at http://wiki.bitnami.com/Applications/BitNami_Redmine_Stack#How_to_install_a_plugin_on_Redmine.3f. I hope it helps.

4 Likes

Hello
In folder "/idm/idmt_home/redmine/apps/redmine/vendor/plugins" , I have following plug-ins

acts_as_activity_provider
acts_as_attachable
acts_as_customizable
acts_as_event
acts_as_list
acts_as_searchable
acts_as_tree
acts_as_versioned
acts_as_watchable
awesome_nested_set
classic_pagination
engines
gravatar
open_id_authentication
prepend_engine_views
rfpdf
ruby-net-ldap-0.0.4

But in Redmine GUI Screen in Plug-ins I don't see these plug-ins.
Please advise.

Did you check the documentation that I posted? Did you run the migrate command?

I also have the same problem, when I open plugins it just says "No data to display"
When I copy a new plugin into the apps\redmine\vendor\plugins then reset Redmine, it changes nothing, still "No data to display"
When I list the contents of the plugins directory I see:

acts_as_activity_provider,
acts_as_attachable,
acts_as_customizable,
acts_as_event,
acts_as_list,
acts_as_searchable,
acts_as_tree,
acts_as_versioned,
acts_as_watchable,
awesome_nested_set,
classic_pagination,
engines,
gravatar,
open_id_authentication,
prepend_engine_views,
redmine_importer (The plugin I added),
rfpdf,
ruby-net-ldap-0.0.4

So I should expect to see something on the Admin->Plugins page.

So then I try to run the migrate command from the BitNami Redmine Stack Environment:

C:\Program Files\BitNami Redmine Stack>rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS__ENV=production

rake aborted!

No Rakefile found (looking for: rakefile, Rakefile, rakefile.rb, Rakefile.rb)

C:/Program Files/BitNami Redmine Stack/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:2377:in 'raw_load_rakefile'

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I figured it out.
1) I open the BitNami Stack Environment and change directory to apps\redmine
2) I run the rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production
3) I reset all the things in BitNami Manager Tool
4) I open the plugins in Redmine, and there is my plugin!

The built-in plugins have no configurations so they would not show up. But if you install another plugin that has configurations, they should show up.

Right, you should execute the rake command in the "your_installdir/apps/redmine" folder. I'm glad to hear that.

I follow the steps:
0) copy plugins to vendor/plugins directory
1) I open the BitNami Stack Environment and change directory to apps\redmine
2) I run the rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production

Console shows the following error, and then, redmine can not access?!! what's matter?
Error info:
(in C:/bin/redmine/apps/redmine)
Please install RDoc 2.4.2+ to generate documentation.
rake aborted!
Access denied for user 'bitnami'@'localhost' to database 'redmine_development'
(See full trace by running tast with --trace)

It is strange. It is getting the redmine_develpment database instead of the production one. Could you try to run the same command in a different way?

set RAILS_ENV=production

rake db:migrate_plugins

Hello

mhhh I run the "rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production" in the apps/redmine/vendor/plugin directory, not in the apps/redmine directory.

How to install a plugin on Redmine?

<code>Download the plugin and copy your plugin directory into installdir/apps/redmine/vendor/plugins.

$ rake db:migrate:plugins RAILS_ENV=production

*Restart Redmine application.* --&gt; /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart
</code>

acts\_as\_activity\_provider, acts\_as\_attachable --> these plugins are not availible in the redmine plugin list, but they are still active ;-) I think.

For me the command above it works perfectly :-) all plugins are ok.

Bye
Bruno

I have a problem about this...

After I use the script/generate to create a plugin for Redmine, this plugin is created successfully, but when I change the file init.rb and then I restart the Redmine, it shows me that "Redmine is not working".

I already reinstall the bitnami redmine, but it happens again when I edit files after create a plugin using the script.

I have assumed till now that these 'plugins' are part of the installation and installed as default... I think that not seeing them on the plugins page is as designed by bitnami... From what I have seen in a regular redmine installation, these plugins are not in the plugins directory but are in a different part of the installation so as to not confuse them with user added plugins...

This should be a seperate ticket for bitnami to follow such a directory structure?

Estimados, estoy tratando de instalar algunos plugins en Redmine "bitnami-redmine-2.0.3-1-windows-installer-r01" y he seguido todos los pasos de instalacion y no puedo hacer que aparezcan los nuevos plugins. Lo pasos a continuacion:
1) Descargo y descomprimo los plugins y los dejo en C:\Program Files\BitNami Redmine Stack\apps\redmine\htdocs\plugins
2) Luego en el ambiente C:\Program Files\BitNami Redmine Stack\apps\redmine\htdocs> ejecuto el comando rake db:migrate:plugins RAILS_ENV=production
- este es el resultado Migrating redmine_my_roadmaps (My Roadmaps plugin)...
3) Por ultimo reinicio todos los servicios de Redmine.

Redmine arranca pero al revisar en la web administracion\plugins
muestra que no hay ningún dato disponible,
favor si alguien me puede ayudar, se lo agradezco!

For Redmine 2.x versions the rake command is the following:

rake redmine:plugins:migrate RAILS_ENV=production

Check that the plugin that you are using is compatible with the Redmine version that you are using.

I have just tested it from here (http://www.redmine.org/plugins/redmine_timesheet_plugin, version 0.7) and it is working fine for me. Please, double check the following steps on your side (with the plugin placed in <installdir>/apps/redmine/htdocs/plugins/redmine_timesheet_plugin):

<code>cd &lt;installdir&gt;
./use_redmine
cd apps/htdocs/
bundle install
rake redmine:plugins:migrate RAILS_ENV=production
cd &lt;installdir&gt;
./ctlscript.sh restart apache
</code>

I hope it helps you. Regards.

I AM COPY recurring-tasks-1.0.1 PLUGIN IN C:\Bitnami\redmine-2.5.2-2\apps\redmine\htdocs\plugins

AND RUN BELOW COMMENTS

cd "apps/redmine/htdocs"

bundle install --without development test postgresql sqlite --no-deployment

bundle install --without development test postgresql sqlite --deployment

ruby bin/rake redmine:plugins RAILS_ENV=production

Restart Redmine application

BUT PLUG IN SHOW

PLEASE HELP

BITNAMI REDMINI VER. 2.5.2-2

Hi @kapilsingh795,

We have recently updated our wiki page with Windows troubleshooting information.
https://wiki.bitnami.com/Applications/BitNami_Redmine#Windows_troubleshooting

Could you follow the steps and post the errors that you get?

PS: Please don't use uppercase. It's a public forum and uppercase represents shouting. Thank you.

Hello,

I am currently trying to install a plug-in into Redmine, and I have a question.

I have Redmine running off of a server that I don't really have access to aside from SSH. In order to install the plugin, do I need to use SFTP to get the plugin files onto Redmine? Is there another way?

Thank you,
Ali