Install php error during wordpress install on linux with lampp

Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - Installers - Technical issue - Services (Apache, MariaDB, MySQL…)

bnsupport ID: 2addd52e-a39b-c567-e654-657deb3370d5

Description:
I am following this tutorial
https://www.maketecheasier.com/set-up-wordpress-local-development-linux/

at the wordpress install I get a dialog that says
error running /opt/lampp/bin/php -c “/opt/lampp/etc” “/opt/lampp/apps/wordpress/scripts/createdb.php”: child process exited abnormally

I ran the command at the terminal and this is the output

$ /opt/lampp/bin/php
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘imagick.so’ (tried: /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so (/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so.so (/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

I found my php.ini file and the end of the file has this

[opcache]
;zend_extension=opcache.so

openssl.cafile=/opt/lampp/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt

extension=imagick.so

but I don’t see imagick

I also ran

/opt/lampp/bin/php -m | grep imagick
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘imagick.so’ (tried: /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so (/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so.so (/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Hello @acedigitalpro,

I was able to reproduce the imagick.so warning. However, WP installation ran fine for me. You could tri to disable imagick by commenting out the line below in /opt/lampp/etc/php.ini

;extension=imagick.so

If that does not work, could you try it with XAMPP 8.0?

Regards