I'm locked out of my WP wp-admin area and my phpMyAdmin area. Is there a workaround?

Keywords: WordPress - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Other
Description:
I was updating a plugin (WP Fastest Cache) but I mistakenly leave the page while it’s still updating. Now I can’t log back into the wp-admin area. I tried to log into the phpMyAdmin area via SSH so I can delete the plugin but the phpMyAdmin area page too kept loading unending then it’ll show the error

(This site can’t be reached 127.0.0.1 took too long to respond. ERR_TIMED_OUT)

So, I don’t have access to my WP admin area anymore, please help.

Thank you!

Hi @taiwodare,

Thanks for your message. You can access phpMyAdmin by following the next guide

https://docs.bitnami.com/google/faq/get-started/access-phpmyadmin/

Apart from that, in case you need more help, we have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried to run the sudo /opt/bitnami/bnsupport-tool but the following error is what I got and it got stuck in that last part for hours. What should I do please?

Thank you for your help!

UPDATE:
I increased the RAM of the instance by first stopping it and then increasing the Machine Configuration.

Here is the code generated by the sudo opt/bitnami/bnsupport-tool:

0616b6c9-89a0-7baf-ce7f-fbdf491ce4ae

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @taiwodare,

Thanks for the bnsupport bundle. I see MySQL is using a lot of memory in your server. It can be related to your plugins. Can you try to disable all plugins using the wp-cli tool and try to log again into your website?

https://developer.wordpress.org/cli/commands/plugin/deactivate/

wp plugin deactivate --all
1 Like

Thank you so much. It worked!

Hi @taiwodare,

Thanks for the info. I’m glad you fixed your issue! We will close this thread as solved. Please do not hesitate to open a new one with any other questions you may have.