I have no internet access from my instance

Keywords: PrestaShop - AWS - Technical issue - Other
Description:
I installed the graphical interface in my instance of aws (ubuntu) and the application was still working fine, from one moment to the next it stopped working, I checked the logs and I have nothing unusual, I entered from my graphical interface and tried to browse the Internet. I realized that I can not do it (which before if I download some software), for some reason and I do not have Internet access from my instance, I cannot access any site and for that reason when I want to enter my application from my IP it is no longer possible.

What happened?

Hi @danielascencio325,

Thank you using Bitnami. Did you take a look at this other community post where the team helped that guy to configure the domain name resolution?

it did not work for me, if I PING to 8.8.8.8 however when entering bitnami.com I get the following error: connection timed out, no servers could be reached

I already managed to make if it works dig and it does it well, the problem I have is the same, as I mentioned install the ubuntu GUI, install Firefox and other applications and browse the internet from there normally, now I can’t anymore and that’s why same as I can not see my website when consulting it. Apparently I have no internet connection, check my VPC and everything is fine

Hi @danielascencio325,

If you can ping 8.8.8.8, it means that you have internet connectivity. What’s the content of your /etc/resolv.conf file?

nameserver 172.31.0.2, esa misma uso en otras instancias y me funciona bien.

I can ping and all the commands to test a website, except for lynx example: lynx www.google.com that command no longer works and before it worked fine

I can ping www.google.com and any website, but trying to access it with lynx is no longer possible

Hi @danielascencio325,

Can you take a look at this other issue?

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/56120/strange-issue-with-curl-lynx-and-non-resolving-domains

You can also try to add the Google’s DNS in the resolv.conf file and see if that fixes the issue

nameserver 8.8.8.8

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.