Keywords: WordPress - AWS - Technical issue - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
I installed the Bitnami Wordpress HA solution on AWS Cloudformation. The link is https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/wordpress-high-availability-bitnami/
I did the following:
1. I created SSL certificate to *.domain.com and domain.com
2. run the Bitnami stack template from the link above
3. the stack created
4. the SSL cert is accosted to Elastic Load Balancer and this ELB redirects http to https
5. uploaded a theme from a market
6. in Crome browser developer console says this domain.com site has mixed content because the url of all images point to http://domain.com/... instead of https.
7. in the WP admin/settings/general menu the home_url is http://domain.com and this input field is disabled so I cannot modify.
As I understood this stack template works with an AWS Auto Scaling Group with base web "server configuration" and the scaling group automates starting/stopping EC2 instances according to traffic load. So in this architecture there is no sense to modify the current EC2 instance because it can be deleted anytime and the next server will be created automatically from a "server configuration".
In a single-tier WP instance I know how to redirect http, but in this case I need your kind support.
So I have only one question related to this HA solution. How can I redirect all image source url to https in HA solution?