Keywords: Nginx - AWS - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 8770b2ab-7f9b-5af9-9ea4-e209819eada7
I get an “http error” message when I try to upload any file size image from the WordPress dashboard into the Media Library.
When logged into the Wordpress dashboard as “admin” user, I go to
-Appearance, Customize, Site Identify, Select Logo, Upload Files (in Media Library), Select Files or Drop Files.
When I try to upload an image file (.PNG or .JPG) It then shows the file selected with the uploading bar, and after about 2-3 minutes, it times out and gives the image file name with extension and then the “HTTP error” message in red.
Below is additional applicable information for this issue:
• Application name and version: Bitnami wi/NGINX+SSL and Wordpress 5.2.3
• Is it an installer, cloud image or virtual machine?: Amazon EC2 Cloud Image
• Operative system/Platform (Linux, Windows, OSX)(x86/x64): Linux
• Was it installed as the root user? YES (user=bitnami)
• What WordPress template are you using: stock WordPress Blog template, “Twenty Nineteen”
• Is there anything you've done and/or tried with the application before posting here?
E.g. changed permissions or installed a plugin: everything I found: uninstalling plugins, increasing memory...
1.) Yes, tried changing permissions to 755 to the following folder:
and 744 to the files inside the above folder.
2.) Deactivated ALL plugins
3.) Increased file upload size in wp-config.php with the following code:
4.) I’ve also used SFTP in the /wp-content/uploads folder and manually uploaded .PNG, .JPG image files into this location and the files DO NOT appear in the WordPress dashboard Media Library as thumbnails, it’s just blank?