Wow ! Really ? Thats a LOT of work. There really isn't an "in place" upgrade to just download a new version of PHP by some SSH command ?
Just so I'm clear .... In order to upgrade PHP we have to ....
- Spin up a new Virtual Machine instance in AWS
- Login to it via SSH to get the password.
- Login to the old Wordpress site and back it up
- Login to the new Wordpress Site
- Migrate the site
- Login to our DNS Provider and point the DNS to the new server
- Delete the old VM
Just to upgrade PHP ?
I manage 9 separate Wordpress instances - I have to do all that for each one ?
Are you sure that's the only way ? Is so is that a Bitnami restriction and if so why ?